Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Large Format Lens (Friedrich Corygon) in Compur shutter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Large Format Lens (Friedrich Corygon) in Compur shutter Reply with quote

I took the deep dive into MF world after browsing Veijo site.
And just today, after seeing his posting, I took my Vintage Friedrich Corygon lens in Compur 1A shutter out.
The set up is,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asbalyan/sets/72157594358444346/

The results were very inconsistent, and I think one big issue was, bellows. In handy situation, it was difficult to keep the lens in plane with sensor.

The lens is very different from present day. Low in contrast, but captures the colors very naturally. But botches up the skin tones.

Posting some macro like shots, the subject was about 2m (may be little less) from camera. The metering was tricky. So stepped down are captured on high ISO (I think 1600). The focussing is also tricky, as you need to focus on f4.7 (widest) and then take the set away from focussing point to change the aperture.

Still, some results,

@f4.7 (side open)

@~f10 (high ISO) (may be f7)

@~f45+ (may be f50) (ISO 1600)

Will post some pics in Gallery section...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the little bricolages (meant in a positive way!) that I really like!

Well done!!!

Carsten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! are you able to focus to infinity or are you confined to macro shots?