Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

(Laowa) 60mm 2.8 2:1 Super Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: (Laowa) 60mm 2.8 2:1 Super Macro Reply with quote

Hi all,

i read several tests and reviews about the manual Laowa 60mm 2.8 Macro and the capability to make 2:1 pics. Some weeks ago i got the information that there is a lense like this on aliexpress without any brands. The prize was under 200€ and it is available in most mounts so i decided to give it a try and ordered a version in A-Mount.
Last weekend i received it. It's a piece of massive metal and only the front and rubber coating of the focus ring looks different from the Laowa lense.
Besides the lense you get a front and back cover and a small carrying bag.
Some infos from the ordering page:

Maximum Aperture: F/2.8

Angle of View: 25.3 degrees
Frame size: APS-C
Lens Structure: 9 elements in 7 groups
Aperture Blades: 14
Min. Aperture Size: 22
Min. shooting distance: 18.5cm
Max. magnification Ratio: 2x
Focus: Manual Focus
Filter Size: 62mm
Lens size: 95x70mm

Weight: 672g

The spring is snappy and focus felt a bit stiff for the first hours but this could be a problem of the outside temperature of -4 degree. Smile

My first trys with the lense were some table top pics with the Sony A57 and extra ring light.

This picture was 1:1 at F2.8 and shows that the lense already shows good sharpness in the middle.

2:1 macro at F11 using a novoflex macro rail.

Close to infinity the focusing is a bit harder but also manageable and sharpness is good, F4:

The coating of the elements is good and the lense shows a good resistance to flares, F5.6:

My last picture was a try on the A7 with LA-EA4 and extra flash with macro diffusor (personal pringles box build Smile ).

The lense was constructed for APSC use but close up work is also possible with full frame.

If you are looking for a lense for close up work that is capable to do 2:1 shots without any attachements this one here is my personal recommendation for under 200€.
Thank you for reading.

Last edited by dbuergi on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! And it seems to be a versatile lens as well, from normal use to 2:1 in one go!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! And it seems to be a versatile lens as well, from normal use to 2:1 in one go!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and sharp!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Yes the lense is versatile but focus close to infinity is a bit hart since the focus way is very small.