Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Landscapes in B&W - Scheldevallei
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Landscapes in B&W - Scheldevallei Reply with quote

Went for a walk near the river "Schelde" this saturday. There wasn't much interesting to shoot, but I did have my camera with me, and I couldn't come home empty handed now could I? Wink

I used my Cosinon 35mm f2.8 for these. Actually I'm quite surprised at how it performed, not nearly as bad as I expected.
They were all shot at f4 or f8.
f2.8 is unusable on this lens...

see the rest at tdn9.be

Tom

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah My own countryside!

Nice wel done, I have the pentax Kit lesn 18-55 and this is btter for sure.

uido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I like the second one most!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
Hah My own countryside!

Nice wel done, I have the pentax Kit lesn 18-55 and this is btter for sure.

uido

Bedankt, Guido Smile

Don't toss that kit lens away though, 35mm is hardly wide-angle on a DSLR, so if I really need wide-angle I use it too. (don't have anything else for it)
+ the kit lens is pretty decent quality compared to other brands...

I just wanted to see how that lens did really. It had been lying around unused for a few months.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third one is my favorite. Nice composition.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, nice B&W shots! When you don't have mountains, valley shots
work just as well! Wink I can relate to that, my last name, Ruyle, is
derived from rulles (Dutch), or one who lives in the valley.

Pretty country, Tom!

Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures Tom. Despite its history, it always seems so peaceful in Belgium. Your pictures of these lovely meadows really bring out this feeling of timeless tranquility.

Can I ask exactly where are these pictures taken? I found the River Schelde on the map at Antwerp, but I lost its route somewhere following it upstream. My wife's uncle is buried at Isieres, near Ath, and we once visited his grave there in 1984. I guess it must be somewhere near there?

I like the composition of all of them. Nos 1 & 2 have good contrast but No 3 seems a little too dark for me, maybe it's my monitor. I also like the one of the old building on your site, is it a church?