Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Landscape photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think the white balanced that leans to yellow makes the picture a bit muddy. You can see the problem in Photoshop if you go to "selective colour" and change the values as in the screen grab, just rebalancing the yellow channel gives more depth and "air" to the picture, at least this is what I personally think:

I have this yellowing problem with several of my Nikkor lenses, they put a warm cast on my pictures, so when I use them I always set a cooler white balance in the camera to compensate.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome. I think that the general preference for warmer colours can make some problems in the landsdcapes as it can "kill the air". I personally prefer to have some cooler tones in the mid day (which by the way looks more natural) and have warmer tones only in the sunrise and sunset.

Especially the yellow can be heavy on the grass making it look flat.

If you look at the corrected picture, I think you can perceive more the "3D" of the foreground compared to the lake.

OF course you can also increase saturation a bit because Nikkor lenses sometimes need a help with saturation:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: New to the forum. Please be gentle... Reply with quote

Hi.

I'd like to know what's the sharper wide angle lens, between f/9 and f/16.

Thanks a lot Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think so, no great landscape photo without post processions.
Is anybody can share his experience here ?

I think perspective is very impotent and often underrated. Take for instance this photo from Kerry Ireland. Nothing to show the "greatness" of this landscape until you see the houses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Attila wrote:
I think so, no great landscape photo without post processions.
Is anybody can share his experience here ?

I think perspective is very impotent and often underrated. Take for instance this photo from Kerry Ireland. Nothing to show the "greatness" of this landscape until you see the houses.

That's a wonderful shot of this bleak coast Henrik. I think you're completely right about the houses pinning the scale. I've posted this picture before, but again the buildings show how important it is to include something to give a sense of scale and distance.

Canon Ixus60 P&S