Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Landscape Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! - the Ammersee is a lovely place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love just looking over the fields like that Smile nice one

Here's one of my personal favorites:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fine Sunset shot.
I regret one thing : the main subject is full centered.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disagree, it is perfectly balanced.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Olivier on this . I suggest this variant according with the rules of composition

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the constructive criticism Smile

Yes, in hindsight, it probably would have been stronger off-centre.

This one won't be to everyone's taste Very Happy in fact, I'm having second thoughts about the HDR myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, centering the subject made the left part of the frame irrelevant - but it's a nice sunset indeed,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex , I agree with your second thoughts Laughing
I'd like to see the original image , seems a nice landscape !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexWicks wrote:
Thank you for the constructive criticism Smile

Yes, in hindsight, it probably would have been stronger off-centre.

Be sure it was constructive, Alex.
I hope It wasn't considered as rude.
Wink

I would have liked the man to be on the left side, walking to the sun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to have discussions like this ,allways we can learn .Agree , I would like too the person more towards the left.
In that variant of composition , that I proposed ( I hope I didn't offended Alex ,just friendly talk between photographers ) there is some detail on the horison to the left ,tried to keep that.
It is also possible to crop in the other way , to have the man towards the left with full sun in the photo , but it is going to have some irrelevant horison on the right . But still , maibe it will be better , what do you think ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken Smile we all need criticism to improve, right? Not like any of my friends are interested in photography anyway Laughing personally, I like it with the sun on the right.

I'll try and find the original images soon - buried somewhere on my hard disk...

In the meantime:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more powerfull , I think?! The lack of details on the right 1/3 of the horison bothers , or not ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first version Teo,there is more movement of going towards the sun. This is a great discussion,I learn more easily by seeing the result than by written words about it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo,

Yes, like this - adagio: the correct framing is the strongest - even if the concept of "correct" lies in a myriad of acceptable frame points,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This picture has potential.
Trial in square format Smile

Last edited by Olivier on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Your first version Teo,there is more movement of going towards the sun. This is a great discussion,I learn more easily by seeing the result than by written words about it. Very Happy

I was to say this , here there is more movement present in the first one ,as it was just done in the last seconds. You can feel it .Probably that's why I chosed it first.
Big discussion here , I agree with you ,Moira , thank you for pointing this .
In the second , the movement isn't there , it's potential , it's going to happen .But the second framing is more powerful ,on the other hand ,because it involves all the energy of the future movement. A lot of philosophy here eh ? Laughing

Renato ,I like it too.

Olivier interesting the Square framing also .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo, That's the beauty of a photograph/art we can all see something different. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Teo, That's the beauty of a photograph/art we can all see something different. Very Happy

Perfectly right, mo, and the beauty of talking with people that you share a passion with. Thank you !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a monthlong photo tour of US national parks in winter. Arches NP is amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm home after my tour of nine US national parks, with a few national monuments and seashores thrown in for good measure. Eureka Dunes in Death Valley were pretty special (partly because of the difficulty in getting there).

Nikkor 80-200mm f4 AIS on a D600.

Last edited by gaeger on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
I'm home after my tour of nine US national parks, with a few national monuments and seashores thrown in for good measure. Eureka Dunes in Death Valley were pretty special (partly because of the difficulty in getting there).

On Ansel Adams' traces. Wink
Surely you had wonderful moments during this trip, hadn't you ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pretty special trip. Back in the workaday world, it's hard to believe it actually happened! Here's Vernal Fall in Yosemite, Nikkor 35-200mm f3.5, D600.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught by Yosemite Magic.

Beautiful, Gaeger. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Gaeger, you've accomplished a real feat! Would you consider, not only compiling a set of photos showing the highlights of your trip, but also more logistical aspects, such as load out in terms of gear for your trip. What your mental checklist entailed. What you took, what you had to leave behind, what you left behind that you wish you would have taken, and what you took that ended up being wasted space. Did you take any film gear, or did you shoot exclusively digital?

I'm asking this because I'm interested in taking a road trip later this year on my bike, where I will be focused primarily on photography, and load-out will be critical because of the small amount of space I'll have available.