Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kowa 6 pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
With the tree picture I keep waiting for Cary Grant to come out to collect the mail from the box Smile

Well, if the mailbox wasn't there, it would be Clark Gable (Gone with the
Wind). Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:

Ashley will be 18 in a week, still 17, and yes, she makes a good model.

No, she doesn't make a good model.
She makes a GREAT model.
She's a natural with the camera, I tell you. She's not particularly beautiful, just the average beautiful of her age. You would not even notice her if walking on the street or something. But once on film, she becomes a magnet. Why?
I have no answer. I only know that sometimes this happens, with the most unexpected people.

katastrofo wrote:

I told her to wear a better shirt the next time I bring my camera in. Rolling Eyes

Oh, my. If you want to ruin her and your photographs, that's the way to go.
No, for God's sake. Let her be herself. She looks great in the ugly shirt because that's herself. If you start to dress her as a model, you will ruin everything.

katastrofo wrote:

I know I can shoot a sharper pic, the tree is much sharper, anyway.
Bill

But sharpness is always so important?
I would probably like this picture less than half, if it was tack sharp.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you could advice it?

To buy one risky business , but they are cheap. Best if you can buy locally with xx days guarantee and shoot some rolls to make sure about quality. This cameras never been famous about quality. I read somewhere Kiev-60 and 88 are better quality. Don't know for sure.

I bought last time here excellent P6 body + near mint CZJ Flektogon 50mm f/4 lens for 100 EUR.

Quote:
Is it difficult to mount film on it?

No.
Quote:
I would only need a wide angle for it.

CZJ Flektogon 50mm f/4 MC and some older model available.

Quote:
I already have the Volna-3 80mm, the Jupiter-36B 250mm. and the CZJ Sonnar 300mm
A wide angle and perhaps a short tele, around 120-180mm

Who will process your rolls ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not myself, I don't have a dark room Sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
Maybe having her iron the shirt, then. Smile The camera comes with the
Kowa standard lens: 85mm/f2.8., with minumum focusing at 2.5 feet.

No, sharpness isn't everything, why do I like the Holga galleries, if it is?

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
Orio,
Maybe having her iron the shirt, then. Smile
Bill

No, no, no.
Let the reality enter your camera.
So she does not iron her shirt. What does that mean, she don't care? A girl of 17 that does not care about her look?
See? There is a story already.
And the good thing is, you don't have to fake it. It's there. You just have to pick it. And it will be better than any story you could ever fake.

Do not try to make a flower straight, if nature made it bend. You will break the stem.
The moment that the flower will feel like standing straight, it will do it.

katastrofo wrote:

The camera comes with the
Kowa standard lens: 85mm/f2.8., with minumum focusing at 2.5 feet.
No, sharpness isn't everything, why do I like the Holga galleries, if it is?
Bill

Cartier Bresson has published - I mean, on magazines and books - some pictures that compared to yours, yours seems taken with an Elmarit on a tripod.
I mean they were TOTAL blur.
Yet I have read no one complain about how misfocused that Bresson shot was.
Of course, there was so much in the picture, that who cares about the focus?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no own dark room, don't shoot with film camera. Dark room processing very important. Imagine you take a good picture and photo service not taking care as well. Most of the moment can't repeatable, you will loose money and get nervous moments if not develop film by your self.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If no own dark room, don't shoot with film camera. Dark room processing very important. Imagine you take a good picture and photo service not taking care as well. Most of the moment can't repeatable, you will loose money and get nervous moments if not develop film by your self.

Attila, I don't even know where to start.

But I don't want to give up film for that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use film for fun do it, you are enough smart to pick-up necessary information fast what need, read some old photo book about dark room processing and do it your self, process B/W photos are easy and instruments are cheap. Personally I don't want to shoot any more on film. I not see any benefits compare with DSLR.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
See if you can pick up a Kiev 88 for cheap. It's an Hasselblad copy comes
with the Volna 3 lens. If I find one cheap, I'm going to snap it up.

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, where do you see a purple fringe? I don't, but maybe it's the small size that doesn't let me.

As for color, I too prefer the B&W, in general with film, and especially here because you have a really violent blue cast in your picture. It even looks like if you used tungsten film!
In these cases, much better to turn B&W than to try to fix such a strong cast.

Well... your muse has a better shirt today, but guess what? The picture with the ugly shirt was better. Smile
Here she looks too rigid and obviously in pose. Personally, when a subject looks and feels uneasy, I asj him/her to turn around a bit. This has two advantages: it avoids the "identification shot effect", and it puts the subject more at ease, because he/she does not have to look into you and to see the camera. "Forgetting" about the camera is the first thing to do to feel at ease with a photographer, and if you don't have to see the camera, it helps! Smile

Please keep posting your medium format shots. I really like to see them all. I am much into the MF concept these days. I can't wait to be able to start shoot MF myself.

Last edited by Orio on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Bill, where do you see a purple fringe? I don't, but maybe it's the small size that doesn't let me.

Where did the photo go?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
Do you want all the medium format film to go here? I can delete in the
gallery and resubmit the pics here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I'm not a rule maniac.

The general guideline is that when you feel like sharing a photograph as such, that is, not with the purpose of demoing a lens or camera, but with the purpose of letting others see and enjoy your work, you post to the gallery forum.

When instead you feel that a photograph's main point of interest is mostly demostrating a lens or camera, then you should post to the lens or the cameras forums.

These are the guidelines, the rest is left to the poster's common sense.
And in case there are plain mistakes, we are always here to fix them.
So, no problem!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
And in case there are plain mistakes, we are always here to fix them. So, no problem!

In that case, can you fix the color in my last pic? Laughing You're right about
the blue tinge, and my efforts just made it worst. Maybe I should give
up and just leave it as a B&W.