Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konishiroku (Konica) Hexanon 47mm 1.9 on a7rii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject: Konishiroku (Konica) Hexanon 47mm 1.9 on a7rii Reply with quote

So I bought a dead Auto S rangefinder to see if I could adapt it.

A bit more of a challenge than I anticipated. Unscrewed all the screws in the base plate. Turns out to be unnecessary. Pealed the leatherette. Carefully, as it was in good shape and I might recover a bit of my outlay selling the odd part here and there. Unscrewed the lens mount plate from the chassis. Snipped the meter wires and the lens mount subassemby comes off. Unscrewed lots more screws. Was then able to remove lens from the plate mounted helicoid and some other parts. Unscrewed more screws and pulled various bits from the back of the lens housing to get a flat surface to mate to a short helicoid. Next the shutter and diaphragm removed with an exacto knife. The lens elements, both front and back unscrewed easily. The back lens had slots and the front with a rubber ring wrench. Plastered outside edge of housing with blue tak. Mated to an ultrashort helicoid. Some of these were taken with the fabbed "F8ish" insert stop.

The "f8" insert.
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20228/big_7980_20220813_141316_1.jpg]
[/url]

Pics 10 and 12.& 13 were stopped down.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Konishiroku (Konica) Hexanon 47mm 1.9 on a7rii Reply with quote

Looks like it might be a bit misaligned on the infinity shots. Better up close.

It is a good reminder for me to do the same. I have a few broken rangefinders and lenses already removed to work on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you remove the original aperture parts? I have converted several lenses like that to FE mount and kept the apertures working.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it must not have been working properly because no matter how I moved the control rings nothing changed. I assumed it was an automatic stop down when I finally shredded it. Oh well.