Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon Rear Lens Cap
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon Rear Lens Cap Reply with quote

FYI - rear lens caps for Hexanon lenses are hard to find and when they do turn up on eBay they are expensive. I needed one for a lens that arrived today, so I tried some spare ones I had for other makes and Olympus OM caps are a perfect fit. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon fit perfectly too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nikon fit perfectly too.

May Olympus 4/3 also, I use Oly 4/3 as uni cap fit on many lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentax fits too

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these the caps you are talking about? There a two types the front with the fancy edge and the plain one at the back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mo"]Are these the caps you are talking about? There a two types the front with the fancy edge and the plain one at the back./quote]

It's the plain one I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some "testing" today Laughing

The best fitting ones are C/Y, Pentax K and 4/3: reasonably tight fit, can be used with a lens freely rolling in pocket or in backpack. The quality of the fit depends on the lens and cap though.

Nikon covers, but the fit is loose: fine for storage, bad for transportation. I don't have any OM lenses, but OM caps seems to be just as difficult to procure as AR ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon Rear Lens Cap Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
FYI - rear lens caps for Hexanon lenses are hard to find and when they do turn up on eBay they are expensive. I needed one for a lens that arrived today, so I tried some spare ones I had for other makes and Olympus OM caps are a perfect fit. Very Happy

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate this thread. I need Hexanon AR rear caps very badly. I don't want, and I cannot afford, to pay circa US$5, or even as little as US$2, for caps that cannot cost more that a few cents each to produce. I've been going as high as US$1 for other lens covers. That's pretty much my outer limit.

Anyway, the least expensive unit cost on OM rear caps I can find is here:

Click here to see on Ebay

I don't like that the seller won't even give us a good photo of the cap.

Has anyone been able to find OM rear caps with similar unit cost where fewer can be purchased? I probably don't need more than twenty caps. Buying fifty would be a real stretch.