Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 3.5/28 7-element EE version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow David, that is spooky, same rock, same time of year judging from the autumn colours, same view almost exactly!

You are precisely right on where it is, halfway between Bouth and Grizedale, I only found it by accident, a place I plan to return to a few times as, as you say, look any direction and you have something pretty to shoot.

I really love your shot, such warm tones, looks like you have more light to play with than I did as there is a lovely effect from the light filtering through the trees, it was a dull gray nasty day for me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I had light ! The sun was low and right in the top of the shot, I think I cropped a bit off the top. I worked hard for that. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad I've managed to work out how to shoot without the sun as it often doesn't turn up here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a series of sunsets, not sure they came out that well but I like the artistic loom of some of them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Some of them stunning really!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou. This beach is 3 miles from my house so I will visit it again, this wasn't one of the more beautiful sunsets, we get some stunning sunsets here, it's just picking the right time, I also want to further explore abstract patterns made by sand and water.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those have a lovely light, the ones that are paler and capture the watery light are very good. It's a hard light to capture effectively. That lens gets the detail wonderfully, then the processing gets the colour.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was very dull and gray, some light mist but this wonderful warm, very directional light, tricky circumstance and for once, the HDR shots were not necessarily better than the single shots, some of those are HDR, some not. I went back tonight to try again and there was no sunset, just a black wall of gray cloud. I just love this Hexanon 3.5/28, as you say, it captures so much detail, perfect for the type of landscapes I want to capture. I agree about the pale watery ones, my favourites are 12 and 15, the paler silvery ones, 15 being my pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost a ghost thread by now, but here we go reviving it.
Konica Hexanon AR EE 3.5/28 on Fuji X-E2s
Tom