Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f3.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f3.2 Reply with quote

Got another piece for my Konica fleet. This time, I found the 135mm f3.2 in a local forum marketplace. Here are some test photos taken at wide open.

Getting ready for F1 ? Public bus in the lead ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens I love all Konica lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is £30 a reasonable price for 1 of these? I do have a 135mm already but this is supposed to be a nice lens to have........ Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 is reasonable, yes. This is one of the best 135s available imho, I'll never part with mine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian, I'm about to unlimber the wallet and inflict more pain on the account. Still, can't take it with you can you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a wise purchase, it will only increase in value and like I said, it's one of the best so will serve you very well. You could easily spend 30 quid on a few beers these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I think it's a wise purchase, it will only increase in value and like I said, it's one of the best so will serve you very well. You could easily spend 30 quid on a few beers these days.

I'm glad you were the first to respond, I like what you're saying! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I'm glad you were the first to respond, I like what you're saying! Very Happy

I agree with Ian, a great lens! All Konica 135's are excellent but the 3.2 is the best imho.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really nice lens. I like how the Konica lenses are built, verry nice mechanics and good glas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lensfan1 wrote:
This is a really nice lens. I like how the Konica lenses are built, verry nice mechanics and good glas.

One of the top Japanese maker and oldest from Japan like Zeiss or Voigtlander in Europe, they were very expensive exclusive lenses and due no digital camera what could mount them promptly their lost their price, this is our luck now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, diddnt know they were that exclusive. Well prices are catching up again, as people found out how good they are. At least for the rare ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your responses are welcomed, I am now the winning bidder at asking price. I just enjoy possessing lenses and using them again. Now I can on do both on FF and APS-C.
Thanks for your encouragement gentlemen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lensfan1 wrote:
Interesting, diddnt know they were that exclusive. Well prices are catching up again, as people found out how good they are. At least for the rare ones.

even a cheap ones are good enough to any one, a 28mm f3.5 is very common and very good just for an example.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
lensfan1 wrote:

even a cheap ones are good enough to any one, a 28mm f3.5 is very common and very good just for an example.

Attila, I have one of those as well as a 21/4, 501.8,50 1.7 and 50 1.4. It's a nice feeling. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 1.7 for example pretty cheap and outstanding I think good as every bit than Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7. What 21mm f4 do you have all black or with silver nose ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All black, in VGC C/w leather case,lens hood/shade type thing and all nice and hunky for £125.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is cool, from 21mm f4 black is best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! But I have the 57mm 1.2 and that is a very nice lens indeed, I've had it serviced by Miles Whitehead and while it was no bargain @ £250 it is a great performer and I've seen them go for a fair bit more. I went through a regular work phase and was buying a lens every month or so. Pity that's all over now. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People say the 135 f3.2 is better than the 135 f3.5...but no one shows shots why Question

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
People say the 135 f3.2 is better than the 135 f3.5...but no one shows shots why Question

I don't know Very Happy
I have this lens a year now, but haven't tested it, just a few snap shot.
I feel it's a secured property for now and will come back when I got time.
Perhaps because there are many other in 135 range like f2.8, f2.5 and f2.0, not to mention range finder 135/3.5 and 135/4

The f3.2 is only a slightly different than f3.5, it might have to wait to its turn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atarget wrote:
"Every month or so..." you say ?

Nice collection you have here Very Happy
but why do you still have lot of space on the shelf?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

I don't know Very Happy
I have this lens a year now, but haven't tested it, just a few snap shot.
I feel it's a secured property for now and will come back when I got time.
Perhaps because there are many other in 135 range like f2.8, f2.5 and f2.0, not to mention range finder 135/3.5 and 135/4

The f3.2 is only a slightly different than f3.5, it might have to wait to its turn.

Hexanon lenses produce lovely results on film, and I have the 135 f3.5 and always wondered what I am missing by not having the f3.2 version. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

I have both and will try in the near future to post comparison images.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

I have both and will try in the near future to post comparison images.

That would be interesting Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

I have in the past, at least 3 times, learn to use the search function. We've had this argument before, why you have to bring it up yet again is beyond me, I think you just like arguing.