Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 100/2.8...new toy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: I'm happy with mine. Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum,your first post can not contain a link (anti spam feature) if you post again it should work for you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: I'm happy with mine. Reply with quote

@Michael wrote:
For some reason I've ended up using it mostly for lanscapes

The anti spam measures strike again... or did it...

I like that Tak 105 preset...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more piccies Mo?
Looks great from the blue-tongue image.
I would love to try one of these but it is a bit out of my price range for the few that I have seen.
I picked up a Canon FD 2.8/100 the other day and it is on its way. Reliably informed that I might get a Fujifilm X-E1 body for my birthday if I play my cards right - so then I can try FD and AR lenses that were not possible before.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few more,this was a cheap buy, no-one wanted it the first time around....I snared it the 2nd time around : D The canon should be a nice lens as well.
#1 Taking the photo into the morning sun

#2 With the sun behind me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: I'm happy with mine. Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Welcome to the forum,your first post can not contain a link (anti spam feature) if you post again it should work for you.

So my first post had a broken link *and* a speling error. Well done, I'd say. Smile

In any case, here's a Flickr album of my 100/2.8's, taken with either an E-P1, or an E-M1.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nameless-profile/sets/72157648482016553/

With the 100/2.8, I'm impressed by how much detail is preserved on the long distance lighthouse shots (about 800 meters away...) and the non-HDR cathedral photo (also about 800 meters away, more or less). In the HDR cathedral shots, I'm actually loosing detail, probably because of alignment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you reposted the link they are beautiful. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice album! Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago... but the weather here isn't on my hand, mostly grey and wet....

But i am looking forward to shooting with it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Compared to a new Olympus 40-150 2.8 Reply with quote

The Hexanon compares favorably, when price is considered (I paid around $100 for the 100/2.8 five or so years ago, vs. $1500 for the 40-150 2.8 that I bought a couple of hours ago)

At 2.8, the Hexanon is noticeably less sharp with less contrast than the Olympus, but from F4-F8, it's comparable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for such nice acquisition, I keep several Hexanon lenses and the 100mm is in my target, but no one has appeared at a reasonable price. (BTW, have you tried the Minolta 100mm f/2.5?. Wink You would like it Smile )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jes,I am actually looking at collecting any reasonably priced 100mm/105mm lens that I can find. It will take some time but that's part of the enjoyment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minolta Rokkor 100 / 2.5 is a joy to use. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats MoIra for this very nice lens.
Sun above, sun behind. You're Lucky. I only have rain, Wind and grey clouds today. Smile

Michael's link shows very good pictures.