Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 50 1.4 front elements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 50 1.4 front elements Reply with quote

Hi all. I have a Konica Hexanon 50 1.4 that needs a bit of grease in the helicoid. It works, but it is not nice to use, it is too stiff when focusing, specially in the shorter distances. The lense came without the rubber band in the focus ring, so I can see the 3 holes and the screws underneath (they are usually covered by the focus rubber grip). I believe that if I loose them, the whole front group becomes detached, but not the helicoid or anything, and putting it back would be just screwing them tight again. This way I might be able to reach the helicoid thread without dismantling the whole thing.... anyone knows if that is the way they work?
Thank you very much in advance. If I did not make myself clear I can post pictures of it. Of course, I will post some images of the full work when I finally try to fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have rough, choppy helicoid you will have to disassemble it completely, clean, and relube. There's no other way. Also, the problem is not always the helicoids themselves. Sometimes it's the outer thread that drives the helicoid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGhHt9DI06w

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks @Gardener, @hasan ! The video is for the 1.7, and it does not work in the same way. I found a mention to the disassembly of the front group somewhere, so quickly tried it. Under the focus rubber band you can find 3 holes. Focused to infinity they align with 3 screws. Unscrewing them you can take the whole piece out where the name ring is (see picture). I was able to clean that exposed part and fix it, now it works like charm. The front glasses can be unscrewed from here (not sure how much strength you have to apply since I did not do it).

[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Zamo! Smile

Kind regards
Hasan