Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 135mm f2.5 latest version on Sony NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 135mm f2.5 latest version on Sony NEX-7 Reply with quote

Click on pic to have better view on full screen!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good enough to me. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing so don't need to fight which 135mm Konica is best

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pose in the first shot. Best models are those that works with the photographer Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtles are great they give enough time to focus Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing so don't need to fight which 135mm Konica is best

I did the comparison of different 135mm lenses few days ago. In terms of sharpness, and the contrast at the same f-stops 135/3.5 was little better the 135/2.5. However both were better then, for example, Takumar 135/3.5, or the Jupiter 37MC. But the difference in general was rather the marginal one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested in this lens, but the 135 3.2 is pretty amazing too, wasn't sure if I needed 2.5 at the prices I was looking at. Great shots, thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.2 is smaller, lighter and 0.7 F stop really not make difference I have all only due I collect Konica items.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
3.2 is smaller, lighter and 0.7 F stop really not make difference I have all only due I collect Konica items.

But it is interesting here in USA price of 2.5 remains very strong, while price of 3.2 has plunged!

I have no explanation for this. And I agree with what Attila wrote, above. The marketplace here just seems now to value the 2.5 significantly above the 3.2. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Attila wrote:

But it is interesting here in USA price of 2.5 remains very strong, while price of 3.2 has plunged!

I have no explanation for this. And I agree with what Attila wrote, above. The marketplace here just seems now to value the 2.5 significantly above the 3.2. Rolling Eyes

I don't know about plunged, but it's definitely not on the rise, i got my 3 copies for cheaper than what they're going for now... the 2.5 is rare though, so that's why it's got an effect on the price. Same with the canon 135 2.5, they used to go for 35 now they're near 50-70. The pentax 135 2.5 have been going for a lot for a very long time, I don't even look at that one haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A smc Pentax K 135/2.5 sells for over $200 now

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:

Strange how different markets value brands. The Australian market regards Konica as a complete unknown. Got my 135 f2.5 for $AU31 Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica was premium brand until digital yrs, Konica was useless on DSLR cameras, so their price went down really. This is why I bough basically all low price top quality. I bought some rarity from Australia too Smile Konica F mount oldest SLR lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:

I picked one of Pentax lenses up for 30 bucks at a pawn shop earlier this year. I put it on my camera and took a few test shots and remember it being an impressive lens, but I haven't had it out since.

User KonicaCamera has an amazing database of Konica info from the peek I have seen, including tracking data for auction sale prices. It may have even been the 135/2.5 specifically that was discussed in an earlier thread augmented with his data. I saw one on Ebay maybe 4 or 5 months back go for something like $65 bucks and kicked myself for nor getting in on it, as I was watching it.

Atilla, you got in when the getting was good. That short flange distance left Hexanons no better than paperweights for digital until the arrival of mirrorless. I wish I could jump back to that time for a few hours with my checkbook. Hexanons are commanding premiums now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

I picked one of Pentax lenses up for 30 bucks at a pawn shop earlier this year. I put it on my camera and took a few test shots and remember it being an impressive lens, but I haven't had it out since.

User KonicaCamera has an amazing database of Konica info from the peek I have seen, including tracking data for auction sale prices. It may have even been the 135/2.5 specifically that was discussed in an earlier thread augmented with his data. I saw one on Ebay maybe 4 or 5 months back go for something like $65 bucks and kicked myself for nor getting in on it, as I was watching it.

Atilla, you got in when the getting was good. That short flange distance left Hexanons no better than paperweights for digital until the arrival of mirrorless. I wish I could jump back to that time for a few hours with my checkbook. Hexanons are commanding premiums now.

Funny thing about the smc pentax 135/2.5 is that it was expensive when it was new but when the M series came out it became out of fashion because is wasn't tiny so it went on closeout and many dealers were selling them brand new in the box for like ninety dollars!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
kenetik wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

Funny thing about the smc pentax 135/2.5 is that it was expensive when it was new but when the M series came out it became out of fashion because is wasn't tiny so it went on closeout and many dealers were selling them brand new in the box for like ninety dollars!

Thanks for the info on that one. Though I have a few, I know relatively little about Pentax lenses. It's interesting to me when a relatively modern lens crosses the barrier of costing more than it did new. So many mf lenses cost less than they did new, especially when you adjust up the original cost for inflation. I'm going to take this one out for a spin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The table with Hexanon 135/2.5 prices over the past few years I uploaded earlier this year seems to have fallen a victim to the server breakdown of several weeks ago. So here it is again.

About Hexanon prices generally, I find that the view that their prices have skyrocketed is much exaggerated. The price of a few lenses have, indeed, but most Hexanons are just slightly more expensive than, say, 2-3 years ago. Sellers often put a much inflated price on lenses (like the 57/1.4 for 150 euros, when with a little patience it can be bought for a third of that), but it seems to me the average price Hexanons go for is about half of the BIN prices.