Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica AR to Nex adapters.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Konica AR to Nex adapters. Reply with quote

Hi guys, I love the konica's I just do Sorry Smile But in order to use them you need a good adapter.
I see people buy 80€ adapters that are no better then the 10$(yes dollar not euro, including shipping!!) adapters.
I've had the no-name version the fotga version and used the kipon version. But the version I like the most is this one:
(including why I think this is great value for money).
The prost adapters Click here to see on Ebay.
Here's why (see picture) you see two adapters and their mechanism to keep the lens in place. In the red circle (left) you see a fotga and in the green circle (right) you see the prost. The main difference is that the prost adapter uses aluminium mount and leaf spring like system opposed the iron wedge system. The prost spring leaf system is more like the original konica body (leaf spring) and is able to cope with variations in lenses (some have a tighter or looser fit then others). But with the iron wedge, when placing a tight lens it becomes too loose for use with other lenses or you need to re adjust it (until the next time you use a tight lens).

They cost exactly the same price but the prost is so much better. (I buy all adapters from prost now)

Let me know any other good adapters for konica AR to nex, and why it good Smile

Edit changed ebay link, thx to calvin83

Last edited by Dogtag on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use only the item number within the ebay tag.
Click here to see on Ebay

Generally, I will prefer leaf spring over the "iron wedge" if the spring is well made in good strength and durability. After checking the Novoflex NEX/NIK adapter: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/737925-REG/Novoflex_NEX_NIK_Adapter_for_Nikon_Lens.html , I think the "iron wedge" may also has some advantage over the leaf spring.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

I bought a Fotga adapter for K/AR to NX three months ago and got another one last week and I noticed straight away that they have modified the model. The release pin is not at the bottom of the adapter anymore (it is now on the left top side near the brand) which is actually nicer and the springs are no longer split/bent metal wedges but steel springs like those shown on your photos of the "not-fotga" adpater. That is quite nice, BUT, the chrome ring is not exactly the same (the slots have a slight edge that there wasn't on the first one I got) so the fit is tighter and for example my Hexanon 40/1.8 cannot be used as it doesn't get in (it has to be jammed in by force, not good !). And instead of being anodized black it is painted, so the finish is not satin anymore and there are spots where the paint is not dry (weel, it is sort of dry, I can't really explain).

So, at use, the second model is nicer (except with the 40/1.Cool but the finish of the first one is better. If I have some time, I'll take photographs of the adapters.

Don't know if they have modified the product or if it is simply complete inconsistency in the build process.

Cheers.
Jay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in China, and I could buy a good adapter ring by a cheap price far beyond your imagination, and more, the one with steady and firm bite on the camera. I cannot tell you the brand bcoz it has no brand, manufactured by a camera fan in his factory. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

Oh, the general quality of the Fotga adapters is very good for the cheap price actually (I paid 15 euros including shipping). I just think they must have received messages from users asking for easier release and better fit so they modified their adapters accordingly, which is good. The only drawback is the finish. It looks different, but still the quality is quite good. Plus these adapters are really easy to shim, saving you the hassle of having to calibrate infinity stop on all your lenses. You just do it for the widest lens you have and it is OK for the rest of your lenses.

Cheers
Jay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceedjay wrote:
Hi !

Oh, the general quality of the Fotga adapters is very good for the cheap price actually (I paid 15 euros including shipping). I just think they must have received messages from users asking for easier release and better fit so they modified their adapters accordingly, which is good. The only drawback is the finish. It looks different, but still the quality is quite good. Plus these adapters are really easy to shim, saving you the hassle of having to calibrate infinity stop on all your lenses. You just do it for the widest lens you have and it is OK for the rest of your lenses.

Cheers
Jay

The prost is about 11$ including shipping (~9€). I find the prost just better designed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for us UK buyers the Prost is not available here. Fotodiox seem to be generally reliable but they are not the same price as the Prost.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered fotga adapters in different mounts-time will tll how they work. If Prost don't wish to sell here it's their loss, not mine.
Buyers market.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
I've ordered fotga adapters in different mounts-time will tll how they work. If Prost don't wish to sell here it's their loss, not mine.
Buyers market.

Where can those Prost adapters be bought?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
cyrano wrote:
Buyers market.

Where can those Prost adapters be bought?

For a start, anywhere but the UK perhaps? Smile
Seriously, I can't recall, I lost interest when I read that they weren't for sale here. I was looking on Ebay UK so .co might be a better option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Big_is adapter, which works well, but no infinity on my 50mm. Solid connection though, no movement. I will receive a Kipon one soon, the all black design is nicer (yeah, yeah, I know), so I will check soon how that works out.

The Fotasy one, don't buy it. Connection is very loose, tried with 3 lenses. Focussing is hard to do, especially on my 135. I've read reports of people even disconnecting their lens from the adapter just by changing aperture. The Fotasy design is used by other brands, but I think some brands use better materials and measurements.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem I have found with various adapters is actually being able to get them delivered from China, it almost always entails a months wait and even now I have filed for refunds on 6 from various sellers that just haven't arrived.