Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica AR mount to Nikon F-mount adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Konica AR mount to Nikon F-mount adapter Reply with quote

Hello

I've recently started to practise my photographing skills with my Nikon D80 DSLR camera. I have an old Konica Hexanon MF 50mm objective which I found lying around in my closet in good condition. So my question is: Is there an adapter available which allows me to use that Konica objective with my Nikon D80? If I understand correctly, Konica uses AR-mount and Nikon F-mount so the adapter I'm looking for is AR to F-mount adapter.

I have read from:

www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Zubehoer/eAdapter.html

that Konica has manufactured Konica to Nikon mount adapters but I cant find them anywhere. So do you know where to get this AR to F adapter or does these adapters even exist anymore?

Thanks for your replys!

-KDS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
The adapter you refer to was indeed produced by Konica for mounting Nikon F lenses on Konica AR bodies (Konica mount having a 6mm shorter register than Nikon mount) and from time to time it becomes available on eBay and elsewhere (at rather high prices, of course).
What you're looking for is the opposite (i.e. enabling mounting of Konica Hexanon AR lenses to Nikon bodies) and I don't think that such an adapter ever existed: although technically possible, it wouldn't make much sense since it would act as a short extension tube due to the said register difference (therefore good only for macro work and impossible to reach infinity).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your fast reply.

Its a shame that I cant use my Hexanon lens on my Nikon body because it is said that Hexanon lenses are pretty good in overall quality. But thanks anyways about that info so I dont waste my time searching that adapter which doesn't even exist Smile.

-KDS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDS wrote:
Thanks for your fast reply.

Its a shame that I cant use my Hexanon lens on my Nikon body because it is said that Hexanon lenses are pretty good in overall quality. But thanks anyways about that info so I dont waste my time searching that adapter which doesn't even exist Smile.

-KDS

Real shame you can't use almost any other 35mm lenses on Nikon body with simple adapter. This was main reason why I did switch to 4/3.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Necropost alert!! Reply with quote

Sorry to bring this back from the dead............Konica AR lenses fit on Nikon bodies without an adapter. Just turn the lens clockwise instead of anticlockwise. It won't obviously reach infinity, as already mentioned, but it works fine as a close focussing lens. Tried it myself with the 56 f1.4 and 40mm f1.8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry too lol

I recently read about Fotodiox Konica AR to Nikon F adapter which lets you focus to infinity

Does anyone have experience with them?

So now we have few ways

1) directly attach to mirrorless bodies
2) using fotodiox to attach to nikon dslr
3) using fotodiox to attach to metabones/zhongyi lens turbo