Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica AR 57mm F1.2 on Full Frame Camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Konica AR 57mm F1.2 on Full Frame Camera Reply with quote

By Sony VG900

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6th one catches my attention and I like it. The bokeh in the other pictures doesn't look too bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes…, the full frame E-mount camera… really wanting this now, don't know how much I can hold off unless Sony releases an FF NEX.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - the OOF reminds me of the Helios 40

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, looks very good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the bananas pic the lens shows a pretty neutral to good bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had the money to buy this lens. I might have to start selling some organs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Ah yes…, the full frame E-mount camera… really wanting this now, don't know how much I can hold off unless Sony releases an FF NEX.

+1

I like the turn left sign most.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konica 1.4/57 renders very similarly to this lens.

#3 shows why I don't often like to shoot wide open, would be much better if more of the berries was in focus.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation from a beautiful lens and camera!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bokeh should be something distracting to me, like the helios is too.

I prefer a humble, subtle bokeh. I like to don't note it.

Said that, it is a first class lens, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice. I like how this lens renders.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

There seems to be a demand, although possibly not big enough for the likes of Sony, but a FF NEX would be significant step forward. Just look at the interest in this video camera alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A FF nex would be interesting indeed, the ability to mount so many vintage lenses would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
A FF nex would be interesting indeed, the ability to mount so many vintage lenses would be great.

I have to admit that I would buy one, and I'm not a fan of the NEX in general.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SONY RX-1 is offering crazy high price now......

But VG900 performance is indeed impresive!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f1.2 wrote:

what is the sony rx-1?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
f1.2 wrote:

what is the sony rx-1?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1

A high end full format compact camera
Lens (a Carl Zeiss T*) is not interchangeable

Price is announced to be ~3100€
A Leica price ^^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjphoto wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

Dont worry, Canon / Nikon mirroless FF camera will come soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HKG wrote:
jjphoto wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

Dont worry, Canon / Nikon mirroless FF camera will come soon.

Your source? A guess? As there has been no hint that I've seen.
Should they? I think so, they would be dumb(my opinion) not to, the signs are there that it will be a popular market segment,
Look at how popular threads about the RX1 are(not just here), how many pro's are waiting for one, all they need to do is bring it out at a price we can all live with body only cost of $1700 - $2000 sounds about right to me(although I'd go higher for a weather proof pro model).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
(although I'd go higher for a weather proof pro model).

How I would love a tough FF take it everywhere 35/2 pocketable camera with Zeiss optics Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pleasure to see that lense breathing full frame

rawhead wrote:

I'll never understand Sony offering a FF camcorder with an E-Mount interchangeable lenses, and a FF compact camera with a fixed lens, carefully avoiding to hit the jackpot with a "cheap" alternative to a Leica M...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
What a pleasure to see that lense breathing full frame

rawhead wrote:

I'll never understand Sony offering a FF camcorder with an E-Mount interchangeable lenses, and a FF compact camera with a fixed lens, carefully avoiding to hit the jackpot with a "cheap" alternative to a Leica M...

Just wait for next year, think of the RX1 & VG900 as testing waters for proof of market demand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I owned one of these, I would be tempted never to shoot with a wide aperture. I find the bokeh to be very obtrusive and after a glance at some of the shots, it is the bokeh I remember rather than the subject. Other than that, I like the sharpness and colour rendering.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
If I owned one of these, I would be tempted never to shoot with a wide aperture. I find the bokeh to be very obtrusive and after a glance at some of the shots, it is the bokeh I remember rather than the subject. Other than that, I like the sharpness and colour rendering.

Yes, my feelings too. I have never tried this 1.2/57 Hexanon but in the last few weeks I've been playing with the 1.4/57 Hexanon and the Canon FL 1.2/58.

My opinion after shooting a few rolls of film with them is that they are not for me, because the only advantage they offer over a smaller, lighter lens like the superb Hexanon 1.7/50 is that extra click stop, and I find shooting wide open to be something that isn't for me, it has it's place from time to time but is completely overused these days imho.

The Canon FL 1.2/58 does have nice bokeh wide open, with some swirl, but stop it down even 1 stop and that bokeh changes a lot. Not a lens I fell in love with, because it's raison d'etre is f1.2 and I don't like shooting wide open. I also find it impractical, this shot was on a very dark dull day, under trees and I still had to use 1/1000 shutter speed (200 speed film) so to shoot wide open on a sunny day with this lens would require ND filters.

Swirly bokeh wide open if there's some distance separating subject from background:

Looks more restraied bokeh-wise when the background is close to the subject:

I think it did better with medium distance wide open shots than close-ups:

But wide open and greater distance just results in a soft image and really, such shots should be done stopped down. All the tree branches against the sky in this shot have pretty bad CA, but it would disappear if closed a couple of stops and the whole frame would me much sharper:

Hexanon 1.4/57 I felt was a better lens overall than the Canon, also had some swirl wide open, I really liked it, but would shoot it at f4 far more than I would at 1.4.