Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica 57mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Konica 57mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Hi all, I received this lens the other day and go my adapter from the states today so I've been having a play Smile Think this looks ok for one of the first shots with a MF lens in years! One problem I'm having with it is the aperture doesn't seem to work properly. It has a pin/bar sticking out the bottom of the lens that I guess was used by the camera to adjust the aperture, if I push it one way it closes the lens to F16 or whatever I have it set to and if I open it up with the ring the blades open to whatever I set it, say F2. The problem is when I try and close it down again with the ring nothing happens! I have to take the lens off push the pin to close it down and start again! Any ideas anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first, this is to me the most underrated lens in a great line of hexanon lenses. actually, imo, having used the 21,28,40,50/1.8,85&135/2.8, i think this is the best lens. i absolutely love it, both on film and on my ep2. i recently sold virtually all my hexanon gear, even though i was very impressed by them, but i kept this lens for the IQ.

as for your problem, ive not had that happen with hexanons, but have had it repeatedly with m42s. it is very easy to disable the pin on m42s, just remove the outer ring and remove the pin spring. that should do it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem a very sharp lens even wide open, really looking forward to giving it a good work out when it's working properly! Looking more at the lens there seems to be a lot of oil on the blades and think it's making them stick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portrait, lens look perfect for woman skin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning portrait, done by a stunning lens! Congrats for both, lens blades are dirty a bit or was forced before or spring is weak and can't back well. I have an EE Konica 50 1.4 all metal barrel with same issue. It doesn't bothers me , due usually I shot at F8-F11 or close to wide open and I rare change aperture under my photo walks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say I'm very pleased with this shot considering I was only messing about testing the lens, not bad for £35! lol I'll look into getting it fixed but I'm not too bothered, if I'm out and about doing a bit of street (not that id be using this too much for that!) I'd be at f8/16 and portrait id be down the other end and not changing much. I'm looking for a 35mm one now for a good walk about lens but they seem a bit more expensive!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yosser, the hexanon 40/1.8 shouldnt cost much more than you just spent on the 57!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
yosser, the hexanon 40/1.8 shouldnt cost much more than you just spent on the 57!

+1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up guys on the 40mm I'll have a look for one Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more fuel Laughing

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/konica/?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like it might be an expensive thread ro look through! lol The 15mm looks cool, not seen one of those before.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like this lens a lot:

http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-hexanon-ar-1-4-57-nex-7-t45819,highlight,%2Bhexanon.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I also like this lens a lot:

http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-hexanon-ar-1-4-57-nex-7-t45819,highlight,%2Bhexanon.html

Thankfully I've got that one Smile