Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 500mm f/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luis: What are your impressions of those other three; 200, 300, & 400? Getting at Attila's comments, I'm wondering what to expect.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

400- wonderful ! very sharp wide open, little fringing.

300- lousy. I actually have two of them, one much worse than the other. Very light lens for a 300/5, but if it doesn't deliver...

200 - average for a 200/3.5

I haven't tried any of the 500's, but I have seen good comments on it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis: PM sent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious how much that set you back -if you care to indulge.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$102 with shipping. Given its rarity, I expected it to go much higher. We'll see about the quality after I receive it in another week. I'll be sure to report out here. If you're thinking about my comment about it costing as much as my most expensive lenses, well yes, I'm a tightwad Very Happy But I've landed some very good lenses, all $100 or less.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the deal-I think you're a very smart shopper Very Happy -not a tight wad. Jim's camera in Seattle had one(he may still have it)- it was priced quite a bit above what you paid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the monster arrived today - just three days - not bad. I have yet to do anything with it and now the lighting is too dim. Tomorrow I will see if I can get a few pictures off by holding it up to the camera. It will take me awhile to get the mount situation straightened out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's attempt to use the lens - held to the camera - was a miserable failure. I had a very difficult time focusing and couldn't hold it still enough to get a decent picture. I hope to do better when the mount is converted. If today's pictures were any indication, they are much worse than Attila suggested.

Point of clarification; I actually held the camera to the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put some images of the lens in this thread (I stumbled over the rear part not knowing what it was so did some research). There are two versions of this. One attaches both parts with a screw mount, the other with a bayonet mount. Also it is possible to attach a filter to the rear of the front part (haven't yet found documentation but I found a pic with filter attached)

With Bayonet:

[/quote]

with filter:

ebay image with both parts in case plus filters:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add a extra curve-ball, the mount register of Komura's reflex housing for screw-mount Leica cameras has a longer register than the Leica Visoflex (PLOOT). Like about 5mm longer. Allows a longer mirror.