Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 200/4.5 Leica screw mount on mini-bellows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Komura 200/4.5 Leica screw mount on mini-bellows Reply with quote

I got this Leica screw-mount lens very cheap early this year as it was broken - the helical was completely frozen. I repaired it, but I have no Leica or Canon rangefinder ! So I took off the lens head and mounted it on bellows -

Komura made an extensive range of rangefinder lenses for Leica/Canon screw mount and Visoflex. This Komura was the longest focal length lens ever made with a rangefinder linkage, so it is a bit of a unique item. Very impractical though ! Other Komura 200mm's were either for Visoflex (no linkage) and/or SLR, and are very different in design.

The lens is a very extreme telephoto - its very short for its focal length. It also, curiously, has two aperture scales, on both sides of the lens - I don't know why.

Right now its on another interesting item, a Kopil folding mini-bellows. This thing not only folds up, but its got just the one rail and a short one at that, so it fits in a pocket.

The lens is a bit of a dud - it is unusable wide-open, its soft and has a strange set of aberrations. It could be that its defective, maybe some element isn't in right, who knows. It does get sharp by f/8. It has a typical Komura golden color rendering, which I find attractive.

The bird -

crop -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura colors are very nice indeed.Great samples as always!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m amazed! Have you got any BAD lenses? It would be nice to see those results, too. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
Have you got any BAD lenses? It would be nice to see those results, too. Very Happy

I sent him one recently, but I bet he makes it shine Smile Has it arrived yet Luis?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots again, somehow magical results from the old lens.
It always amazes me, Luis. Not the lens, but skill and mind does it.
That is what I have to learn, and it must be fun to achieve this level of
photography using obscure (sorry to say this) or not well known lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis

Tell me the truth!!!

Did you embalm the white bird ? Laughing

Greats, Luis, as always.

Regards, Rino.