Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 200/3.5 Visoflex - another in the collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Komura 200/3.5 Visoflex - another in the collection Reply with quote

I actually obtained this one some time ago, but I had to unstick the gummed-up helical. The glass was always perfect, thank goodness. Its now in working order.

It came with a Canon M39/Visoflex adapter, but as I have a Pentax camera, like my other Komura Visoflex items I just use an M39-M42 adapter and an extension ring.

So now I have the Komura 200mm, 300mm and 400mm in this series. Missing are a 135mm and a 500mm. The collecting bug is a pathetic disease.

Samples- it was a foggy day -

This was at f/3.5 -

100% crop -

The bird - f/4 or 5.6

Crop -

On the whole I would say this is not my best 200mm, which is still the Sears/Tokina, but its more than adequate and it has the advantage of oddity, which is more important to a collector than a serious photographer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: similar lens? Reply with quote

I have a similar lens, the Sankyo Kohki Super Komura 200mm f3.5.
As I bought it, I thought it should be possible to get an adapter easily for M42 or OM (the 2 MF mounts I use). But these uni auto adapters seem to be quite rare, and when I see them it seems they are for rare mounts. I got my lens with an Icarex adapter. So any Voigtlander owner can knock at my door to get this adapter.
So as it is, I can't use the lens. Do you think it has the same quality as your lens, Luis?
I think I will hang on to it and wait if I'll get lucky later.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably the same as mine, in a different mount.

I have seen M42 Komura uni-auto lenses on ebay, its worth trying for one of the 28's, 35's or 135's. They aren't usually expensive.

I won't say that 200mm Komura is an exceptional lens, just decent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples look good and I can tell that it is a DIFFERENT bird Laughing

I like the contrast between the statue and the Indiana Jones poster.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, what good timing -

Here's a Komura lens with a uni auto M42 mount -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Komura-28mm-f3-5-Wide-Angle-Lens-SP-Screw-Mount_W0QQitemZ120276919905QQihZ002QQcategoryZ707QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice samples, must be a good lens as I don't see the foggy day
my favorites are #1#3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples. Love the bird and the busses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Komura with adapter Reply with quote

Thank you Luis,
Good timing indeed. It is a pity that the shipping cost 30 USD to the Netherlands. Do you think the 28mm lens is worthwhile (equal to my Vivitar)?

The Komura 200/3.5 looks and feels very sturdy. How is your experience with the colors?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Do you think the 28mm lens is worthwhile (equal to my Vivitar)? "

Its probably nothing special, but thats just my guess.

The colors out of the Komura 200 look fine to me, my samples were not adjusted for color, saturation or anything like that - the only things I change are brightness and contrast if I underexpose.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

I have this lens with an almost frozen helical. I have tried lighter fluid and graphite, baking in the oven, etc. etc. and nothing significantly improves performance. What is the difficulty level of the operation you performed? What kind of new lube did you use?

P.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall exactly what I did to dismantle this, it was some years ago.
I probably used lighter fluid and WD-40 to unstick the helical.
I know I used silicone grease later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to me every time I read an old post. I think it's recent until finally noticing the original post date - in this case, four years old. Luis: Do you still want a 500mm? I have one that I'll gladly sell cheap. I used your recommendation to fit it via a series of M42 rings, and while that worked, I have not been able to get along with this lens.