Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Komura 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Komura 135/3.5 Reply with quote

I love this lens but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't focus to infinity on my Nikon DSLR. It's great for flowers and other close ups though. There was a short break in the rain so I ran out and fired off some shots.

Here's the lens. Best 500 yen (5 euro) I've ever spent Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a real fan of Komura lenses they have a beautiful rendering.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lovely samples, nice colors and smooth bokeh/rendering.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good value for sure, nice find! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I particularly like #3.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll definitely buy any Komuras I see going for cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Komura 135/3.5 Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
I love this lens but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't focus to infinity on my Nikon DSLR.

Do you use it with T2-Nikon adapter or you have T2-M42-Nikon combination? First one should give you infinity.

Great samples! I like this lens a lot too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Komura 135/3.5 Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Yebisu wrote:
I love this lens but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't focus to infinity on my Nikon DSLR.

Do you use it with T2-Nikon adapter or you have T2-M42-Nikon combination? First one should give you infinity.

Great samples! I like this lens a lot too.

I use it with a cheap (10 euro) metal adapter so I don't get infinity. I heard that the glass in the adapters can degrade image quality. Is this true?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortly: I'd vote yes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komura lenses came in different mounts, which are removable. I have purchased Komura lenses and then looked for the proper mounts separately.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura pre-set 3.5/135 on K-10D
Taken in our front yard
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late afternoon sun on the jacaranda.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very nice lens. I have one plus the f/2.8 version. They are both small and well built. Good colors and that wonderful multi-many-bladed diaphragm makes the bokeh nice at all apertures.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Komura 135 f3.5 preset Reply with quote

I have had one for years, but have only just tried it on an old Canon 20D,and am very impressed. Now all I need to do is find a mount that I can exchange the M42 one on the lens for a Nikon as I am keen to try it on my D600.

Last edited by Jonah on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens handles colour beautifully, the soft shades look superb.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Komura 135 f3.5 preset Reply with quote

Jonah wrote:
I have had one for years, but have only just tried it on an old Canon 20D,and am very impressed. Now all I need to do is find a mount that I can exchange the M42 one on the lens for a Nikon as I am keen to try it on my D600.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful dog picture - really good.

While not my sharpest or fastest 135mm lens, it is plenty sharp with great color and bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning colors on that first shot, Woodrim. The composition is also lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Stunning colors on that first shot, Woodrim. The composition is also lovely.

Judy, Judy, Judy (I've always wanted to say that) Smile Thank you. When I first viewed the image from the camera, I was most impressed in the way the lens captured the texture of the leaves. When I think of the lens in terms of sharpness, I always think back to that image. And BTW, I will finally be receiving my ISCO 3.5/135 this week from the repair guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you enjoy the ISCO! I'm sure we can anticipate some lovely samples from you once it's in your hands.

Regarding the OP, I have a lens that looks very similar but under the Rexatar labeling. I found it to be surprisingly good.