Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 100mm 1,8 and other
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komura high-speed lenses are pretty good lens of its time both optically and mechanically. My 105/2 preform pretty well even though the rear element is full of circular cleaning marks. The high price reflects are pretty rare and many people collect them. If you can find one in reasonable price, it is worth to give it a try. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that there were hundreds of manufacturers in Japan at the time. With wholesalers selling components and manufacturers sometimes crafting their own glass or specifying to suppliers. Also that quality of the lenses was not necessarily a function of volume. That some manufacturers would have both excellent lenses and crappy lenses, as they were manufacturing to spec, then rebranding stock. The only thing for sure is try them, keep it if you like, sell if you don't. Watch e-bay prices on AUCTIONS, or search a decent reseller such as KEH, to get an idea of a real price. BIN prices can definitely be pie in the sky. Komura seems to have a pretty good reputation. Lenses consistently command prices an order of magnitude above similar, tower (sears), hanimex, soligor lenses of the era.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of Komura, but also believe they are sometimes overpriced. The fast medium tele in the 80-100mm range are typically the pricey ones. I've been curious if anyone ever buys them, so just did an ebay search and found that two were sold in the $700-800 range in April. Surprise, surprise. If I were to put out that kind of money, which won't happen, I'd keep an eye open for the Topcor 85mm.