Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komine--Vivitar Primes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMouse wrote:
Pictures are nice but we cannot really judge about sharpness due to resizement and compression.

I have the 28mm f/2 Komine version and the 35mm f/1,9, both very sharp lenses though I'm not a big fan or their bokeh.

You know, I've not used a Komine that wasn't sharp: can assure you, the pics are sharp to the edges. The only problem I ever had w a Komine prime was one I got off of Ebay (the 28mm f/2 CF) which had a little fuzziness in the corners, even @ f11. Both of my Komine 28mms f/2.8 ( non-cf & cf) are sharp @ the edges @ 5.6: I returned the Komine (Viv) 28mm f/2 Cf lens. I still have 3 28mm primes, one of which is the Nikkor Ai 35mm f/2.

I find the bokeh on the Komine 28mms to be just fine--but I never had much expectation for bokeh w a 28mm focal length. Best, jt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosedalelad wrote:

With images like these I have to wonder why people spend so much money on modern lenses!

Agreed--Best, jt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one w the Vivitar (Komine) 55mm f/2.8 Macro:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've shown these shots before on the forum but it doesn't hurt to show them again:-

Vivitar 35mm f1.9 @ f11 on Sony Alpha A6000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Great shots ED...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DigiChromeEd"]I've shown these shots before on the forum but it doesn't hurt to show them again:-

Vivitar 35mm f1.9 @ f11 on Sony Alpha A6000

[quote]

Very nice pics with a beautiful lens--in particular, with the 1st picture, that aspect ratio works splendidly with the subject! The fish pic is also excellent. Best jt

Last edited by Focusthrow on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusthrow wrote:

This is the one Vivitar (Komine) I have yet to purchase: I've never been lucky enough to get one. Mike these Series1 Komines, IMO, are extra nice--your pics show the splendid, accurate rendering for which they are known. I hope you treat us to some more samples with it when time affords the opportunity to you to do so. Best, JT

BTW, Charlie is awesome--he is a metaphor for love! But, in the 1st pic, he appears to be looking for something in the bowl (not water--he's not thirsty here) into which he can sink his teeth.

Heh. Charlie loves to "dig" in the water. He ends up getting himself drenched pawing ferociously at it. Seems to be having a lot of fun when he's doing it. Maybe he was waiting for me to finish calling to him at that point so he could start digging. The "bowl" is actually a bird bath minus its pedestal.

Oh, one comment about your comment -- the Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 is not a Series 1 lens. Mine is an older one, in fact. Dating back to the Komines with the metal focusing collar with tightly ribbed lines on the collar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Chris and Focusthrow for your comments!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted before,Vivitar 35mm f1.9 to show comparison for close up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the exploding bokeh of this lens. Otherwise very nice, and extremely sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "exploding bokeh" reminds me of a couple of Canon lenses I own. I found that it only occurs with bright, relatively sharply shaped objects. If you note in the above photos, those images in which the "exploding bokeh" isn't present reveal soft, rather pleasing bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Michael,your interpretation is correct and why I love this lens...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Focusthrow wrote:

This is the one Vivitar (Komine) I have yet to purchase: I've never been lucky enough to get one. Mike these Series1 Komines, IMO, are extra nice--your pics show the splendid, accurate rendering for which they are known. I hope you treat us to some more samples with it when time affords the opportunity to you to do so. Best, JT

BTW, Charlie is awesome--he is a metaphor for love! But, in the 1st pic, he appears to be looking for something in the bowl (not water--he's not thirsty here) into which he can sink his teeth.

Heh. Charlie loves to "dig" in the water. He ends up getting himself drenched pawing ferociously at it. Seems to be having a lot of fun when he's doing it. Maybe he was waiting for me to finish calling to him at that point so he could start digging. The "bowl" is actually a bird bath minus its pedestal.

Oh, one comment about your comment -- the Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 is not a Series 1 lens. Mine is an older one, in fact. Dating back to the Komines with the metal focusing collar with tightly ribbed lines on the collar.

Amazing story about Charlie. I've not known a dog who loves to "paw" at water--so cool, literally & figuratively. And, yes, excuse my error & thank you, for your correction: I should know better--that 35mm did not make it to Series1 production, even if it is good enough for it--IMO. Best jt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Posted before,Vivitar 35mm f1.9 to show comparison for close up.

Sweet shots indeed! I love the way the shapes in the bokeh flatter the floral shapes in pics with strong background light. Best jt