Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Vigilant Six lens repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Kodak Vigilant Six lens repair Reply with quote

Hello! I have a Kodak Vigilant Six with Anastigmat 4.5/103mm lens. The glass is in pretty bad shape. Fungus on the side and overall foggy. I have read the topics about cleaning fungus but I don't know how to tackle the foggy part. Is that caused by the fungus? Wiping it with microfiber cloth does nothing. From what I can see the fungus and the fog are on every element.

Any advice is welcome.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to post a few photos - that might help us to see how bad the problems are.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to post a few photos - that might help us to see how bad the problems are.

Hello, Scheimpflug!

Sorry for the bad photos. Had poor light and was in a hurry.

Cheers,
Florin Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is in three groups. You remove the infinity stop on the front group and unscrew it to get to both sides of it. Note the exact position when the threads separate, thare are multiple starts to the threads.

The rear group can be removed with a spanner wrench.

The middle group is quite well screwed into the shutter, very tight. You can put the shutter on B or T and clean it in-situ. Otherwise, a rubber stopper may work to unscrew it, or you may need to use a fine jeweler's saw to cut slots to apply a spanner wrench to.

Note that your 'haze" may be a network of "cleaning marks" (also known as scratches), or may be etching from prior fungus, which releases acid strong enough to etch glass.

Note also that the synthetic bellows on the Vigilant and Monitor cameras can be iffy about light leaks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Shriver wrote:
The lens is in three groups. You remove the infinity stop on the front group and unscrew it to get to both sides of it. Note the exact position when the threads separate, thare are multiple starts to the threads.

The rear group can be removed with a spanner wrench.

The middle group is quite well screwed into the shutter, very tight. You can put the shutter on B or T and clean it in-situ. Otherwise, a rubber stopper may work to unscrew it, or you may need to use a fine jeweler's saw to cut slots to apply a spanner wrench to.

Note that your 'haze" may be a network of "cleaning marks" (also known as scratches), or may be etching from prior fungus, which releases acid strong enough to etch glass.

Note also that the synthetic bellows on the Vigilant and Monitor cameras can be iffy about light leaks.

I think the marks were from fungus etching. It was in a pretty bad shape

Traded the camera for a rangefinder.

Cheers,
Florin