Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Vigilant Six 20 Folding camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Kodak Vigilant Six 20 Folding camera Reply with quote

I just bought a Kodak Vigilant Six 20 camera and I was playing with different functions and everything was working fine until I pushed the little tab on the bottom and pushed it to one side. Here is the picture of the tab i am talking about.

www.flickr.com/photos/91509868@N05/25018386875/in/datetaken/

Now I can't cock or fire the shutter. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to re post under "Equipment Care and Repairs"
This section is for film.
Anyway, I have a Vigilant Six-20 though they came with a variety of shutters.
Yours looks like a Flash Kodamatic, which is not the top of the line (look for the Supermatics)
It looks like yours may have a self timer (shutter delay) or a retard (flash delay).
These are clockwork devices that are easily jammed by age.
Old shutters like this tend to be a bit cranky until overhauled, and the clockwork parts especially - self timers, flash timers and slow speed timers are especially prone to jam.

Kodamatics and the like are very easy to fix with naptha (lighter fluid) but you will need to disassemble them to do a proper job, and especially to avoid fogging the lens. So you will need to do surgery.

Here is a disassembly sequence for the Kodamatic on the Kodak 35 -
http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=kodak35

I have fixed a couple of these Kodamatics and the instructions are accurate enough.
If you have not done this before - shutter repair - emailing or posting on the Internet every time you run into some little problem is not the way to do it. It takes a bloody long time to explain each little thing. Experience is a much better teacher than text.