Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak support campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really saddened to see Kodak entirely exit slide emulsion technology. The idiots. But I tell you what, Portra 160 is not a bad substitute, not bad at all. I like it better than Ektar. It is actually exceptionally good at capturing fine detail, sort of what you would expect with a good slide film.

But when it comes to slide emulsions, who's left now, besides Fuji? Hey I like Fuji slide film a lot, but I don't like the notion of putting all my eggs in one basket.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
According to this page: http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Products/Production/index.htm, Ektachrome 100D is still available.

That is because, from what I read recently, Kodak is contractually obligated to supply film to the movie industry through 2016. After that -- fuggedaboudit.

It's pretty obvious that Kodak is not into film much anymore as a corporate objective. You have to really search for it to find any mention of film on Kodak's website.

There's an old expression here in Texas: "Ya dance with the one what brung ya." Which means simply that, whatever it was that got you to the party, or was responsible for your success, is that which you should be faithful to. Simple as that. And Kodak has forgotten it. Fujifilm hasn't. And I hope they never will.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
That is because, from what I read recently, Kodak is contractually obligated to supply film to the movie industry through 2016. After that -- fuggedaboudit.
does the statement apply also to Kodachrome or just Vision films? seems interesting, can you share source?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
does the statement apply also to Kodachrome or just Vision films? seems interesting, can you share source?

Kodachrome doesn't exist anymore. As far as I know, whatever film emulsions that are still in common use, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kodak tries to pare down the selection. I've looked for a source for this speculation, but haven't been able to find one. It's all over the 'net, though -- the notion of a contractual obligation to provide movie film, that is.