Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Instamatic 500 Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar f/2.8 38mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Kodak Instamatic 500 Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar f/2.8 38mm Reply with quote

Here is the first creation I had made after managed to find this lovely camera in rather bad condition, the body had been banged up but the lens had a filter attached which helped it survive Cool

It was meant to be a half frame camera but Kodak decided with the growing following for cartridge film cameras to make this one use 126 cassettes, works very well on the micro 4/3 sensor as it developed for half frame shots, not the sharpest lens but the colours are rich and it's nice and small.

I used a body cap as the base, the lens comes off easily and it was a very simple conversion to do, the most complicated part was getting the lens perpendicular to the sensor cause the focusing distance is only a few millimeters.

I declicked the focus ring as I found it rather annoying and had to have a surround plate made to keep the aperture control ring in place

I'll load up some photos of shots at another point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward your pictures - i have one of those small lenses too.
It will be interesting to see how it performs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing the results too. I have one of these cameras ready to use but haven't got around to respooling some film to shoot with.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah photos are very nice, one of my favorite lenses, not anywhere near as sharp as say a konica 35mm but the images so much more pleasing to my eye!!

Last edited by Layer-cake on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
... but the images so much more pleasing to my eye!!

That's what counts ultimately whatever anyone may think or say.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I Haven't really given this lens a chance and taken it out for any proper shoots but I decided to reshuffle my carry around lenses and swopped my Konica 35mm 2.8 for the Schneider for a trip this weekend coming up!!

put it in my camera again and I really like the look of it:

I've never taken the time to really read up about Schneider until recently but I'm very impressed with the results people have gotten.

I'm quite excited about using it on the trip, I think it will make for a nice portrait lens on MFT