Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

kodak cine ektar lenses on m4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: kodak cine ektar lenses on m4/3 Reply with quote

i finally managed to arrange a private trade of many many cameras/lenses, and will be picking up the fruits of the trade/sale next week. Very Happy one item is a new ep1. thus i dont know anything about the types of lenses i can use on it, except what i have seen over the last few months on this forum.

it appears that kodak cine ektar lenses do not use the standard c mount. so i just saw this adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180465988232&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1379wt_1167
i wonder two things: one, what do people think of this adapter and two, what do people think of using these lenses on m4/3?
thanks!
tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

a few Kodak lenses have a c-mount thread, but most come with an S-mount. The adapter you showed is the right one to get them on your EP-1. I tried a number of them, and really like especially the 40/1.6, 50/1.6 and 63/2. The 102/2.7 is also nice. The 25/1.4 also works well but shows vignetting just like many other 25mm c-mounts. As always, with old lenses it depends on the shape they are in and how the glass looks. I also found that in most of the ones I came across the aperture/focus rings were very stiff. They are definitely fun to play with,

Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks stefan, i am going to keep a look out and try one! they seem relatively inexpensive...