Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

kodak cine ektar lenses on m4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: kodak cine ektar lenses on m4/3 Reply with quote

i finally managed to arrange a private trade of many many cameras/lenses, and will be picking up the fruits of the trade/sale next week. Very Happy one item is a new ep1. thus i dont know anything about the types of lenses i can use on it, except what i have seen over the last few months on this forum.

it appears that kodak cine ektar lenses do not use the standard c mount. so i just saw this adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180465988232&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1379wt_1167
i wonder two things: one, what do people think of this adapter and two, what do people think of using these lenses on m4/3?
thanks!
tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

a few Kodak lenses have a c-mount thread, but most come with an S-mount. The adapter you showed is the right one to get them on your EP-1. I tried a number of them, and really like especially the 40/1.6, 50/1.6 and 63/2. The 102/2.7 is also nice. The 25/1.4 also works well but shows vignetting just like many other 25mm c-mounts. As always, with old lenses it depends on the shape they are in and how the glass looks. I also found that in most of the ones I came across the aperture/focus rings were very stiff. They are definitely fun to play with,

Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks stefan, i am going to keep a look out and try one! they seem relatively inexpensive...