Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Cine Ektar II f1.9 25mm autumn shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Kodak Cine Ektar II f1.9 25mm autumn shots Reply with quote

Well, this time a lunch break walk and not using evening light with a Kodak Cine Ektar II f1.9 25mm on my Luminx GH1. All shot fully open at f1.9 and just resized.

very pleasant to use, quite close focus, no swirler at all, neutral, sharp, interesting bokeh, a bit boring for some I guess but an astonishingly good lens...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set Klaus !the bokeh in 7,13,14 and 16 reminds me a lot of an oil technique some painters use on their backgrounds. Almost like painting all the background detail and then do some light "abstract "smudging /smearing on the background to accentuate foreground detail
a very different and pleasing bokeh Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Daniel, I tried to "design" the bokeh as I did with other lenses posted before here, to show the different possibilities a lens has - and the differences (like Kinoptik, Cooke Kinic, Zeiss Tevidon,... just to name a few). I do like that painterly look, too. That lens is very neutral actually, quite good, but I'm missing the "outstanding special signature" a Kinoptik for instance has...