Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Cine Ektar 63mm f2 C mount Sony NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Kodak Cine Ektar 63mm f2 C mount Sony NEX-3 Reply with quote

First color picture is straight from camera, on weak sunlight
Second color picture colors are fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #4,#5,#6...number 5 because it has something special about it...a classical movie "feel" to it.Number 4 because I think the tones are just right.Number 6 because there is no harsh light on your wife's face...it seems like a very nice lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems indeed a very good and sharp lens, was this shoots wide open?
I like the colour version the most (#2). If I must choose a B&W version, it should be #3, the others have too much PP for my taste!
And what a lovely wife/model you have but you already know it, you heard that 1000 times Very Happy ....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I have classical move feeling too, lovely lens for sure. I shoot wide open only for samples , other ways I always shoot stopped down if light allow it like here F8. With wide open easy to makes mistake , sharp nose but , unsharp eyes etc. Once a forum member father he was all his life pro movie maker said F8 if possible, I did start to follow his advice and I got much success after.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great lens Attila and it shows! I have the same but has a "II" added on the barrel and it is f1.9 (have you rounded up?), so I guess mine is Version II. Great colors and sharpness indeed, but I shoot only flowers not such a wonderful model as your wife Christina!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Klaus, I am lucky for sure , finally she love or at least allow to make shoots from her and even better in this year she was with me on every photo walk.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portraits.

On my portraits, I use to have -.3 ev , -.7 or turn completely to manual to avoid washing out high lights. My boy has darker face than my girl, and needs +.3 instead, so it ended more PP for him Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Great portraits.

On my portraits, I use to have -.3 ev , -.7 or turn completely to manual to avoid washing out high lights. My boy has darker face than my girl, and needs +.3 instead, so it ended more PP for him Laughing

Laughing yes I frequently do too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful portraits. I like #1 skin tone with #2 background.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilco wrote:
Wonderful portraits. I like #1 skin tone with #2 background.

+1 I think it too, thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many thanks Klaus, I am lucky for sure , finally she love or at least allow to make shoots from her and even better in this year she was with me on every photo walk.

I'm very happy for you Attila!! Sharon just hates to be photographed, so I'm not lucky, at least no in that respect Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good performer to my eyes Wink My favorite is #1 (or something between #1 & #2)

I don't think the price will go down after this post Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Looks like a good performer to my eyes Wink My favorite is #1 (or something between #1 & #2)

I don't think the price will go down after this post Very Happy

Laughing Laughing I will sell among to Tony or buy it from him still undecide it by me, one thing for sure I love this lens it has excellent character and joy to use it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't, then let me know please!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the warm colors in #1. What a lens! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought it off ebay $200 was it good enough?

Now I need to know which adapter do I use for this in order to mount it with my NEX 6 body.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
yes, congrats!
It requires two adapters! o.O

One S-C mount
C-E mount. OMG :/ Wonder how would it look with all that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't recognise S->C looks part of lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You can't recognise S->C looks part of lens.
I don't see any S-C adapter the one on ebay is 200 bucks. Is it fair priced? Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly not, be patient it will come for less than 50 USD and may come with lens , described by seller a Kodak S lens as C mount, if lens not sought after probably will cheap also.