Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Anastigmat f2.7/63mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Kodak Anastigmat f2.7/63mm Reply with quote

Another 16mm c-mount (with c-mount to Kodak S-mount adaptor) 16mm film lens, a f2.7 63mm Kodak Anastigmat.
The first really sunny (spring) day, surprisingly warm and with a wonderful blue sky.

Interesting to note that different to all other lenses, vignetting increases when stopping down.
Astonishingly sharp lens and good constrasty lens, benefit is a special switch on macro focusing
ability (up to about 10cm close!!).

Here a 1:1 crop showing that ability:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sunny topic to brighten my day! Thanks Klaus! Very Happy

The Kodak seems to be a fine performer! I also had a lens which vignetted more when stopping down, but I don't remember which one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter! Yes, finally some spring days!!

Also a fine one is the Kodak Cine Ektar II f1.9 25mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157625264584001/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great day today, wasn't it?

Amazing shots, Klaus!!

And the typical increase of aberration towards the edges. That's what we want those lenses for, isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it was Carsten!

That increase in abberrations is of course based on the fact that these lenses are used well outside
their 16mm image circle, so parts of it are used that were never intended to be used.

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transparency colour

Nice work !!!

+1
Surprised