Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak 620 modèle 32 and old undeveloped film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Kodak 620 modèle 32 and old undeveloped film Reply with quote

I bought this cheap Kodak 620 6x9 folder, mainly in order to use the Angenieux 100mm f/4,5 lens with my Nikon Z. The camera arrived today. It seems to be in good condition, the lens is clean, aperture opens and shutter (from 1 to 1/250 secs) runs Ok.

The camera is French made Modèle 32 according to https://kodak.3106.net/. I can´t find any model or serial numbers in the camera body or lens.

Inside the camera there was not only an empty 620 spool, but also an exposed Agfa Isopan F film roll!

Isopan F is ISO 40 B&W film, made from 1940´s to circa 1970. So the pictures are probably from 1960´s. Should I try to develop it? (After asking the seller, did the camera belong to his family and if so, does he want the roll.)

I don´t have any idea, how the camera has been stored. Probably in a dry cupboard, there´s no evidence of moisture anywhere. Does the long storage affect the undeveloped film? Do I develop it like it was a new ISO 40 film?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodak got a little funny with marking these.
Places to look are on the end of the pressure plate towards the hinge, or on the frame just above the take-up spool.

There are others here that are better informed on developing long term stored old film.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased you found my old page re this model … the French Kodaks haven't been very well documented, that I'm aware of, so I'm unable to add any detail Smile
As for developing the film … don't get your hopes up too high.
Although a latent image may well still be visible amongst the age-induced fog, my experience with old roll-film is that the backing paper will often have stuck to the emulsion, in places at least, also the ink used to print the numbers etc. on the paper may have affected the emulsion as well.
If developing it myself, I'd probably boost the development time or developer concentration by 50% to increase the contrast and hope the background isn't too dense. 40ASA film is likely to be less of a problem in this respect than faster film … just hope the photographer "knew what he was doing" at the time and made a good exposure Wink
Rather than risk raising anyone's hopes, I'd process the film first, then, if there's any usable/recognisable results, contact the previous owner with the good news.
Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Pleased you found my old page re this model … the French Kodaks haven't been very well documented, that I'm aware of, so I'm unable to add any detail Smile
As for developing the film … don't get your hopes up too high.
Although a latent image may well still be visible amongst the age-induced fog, my experience with old roll-film is that the backing paper will often have stuck to the emulsion, in places at least, also the ink used to print the numbers etc. on the paper may have affected the emulsion as well.
If developing it myself, I'd probably boost the development time or developer concentration by 50% to increase the contrast and hope the background isn't too dense. 40ASA film is likely to be less of a problem in this respect than faster film … just hope the photographer "knew what he was doing" at the time and made a good exposure Wink
Rather than risk raising anyone's hopes, I'd process the film first, then, if there's any usable/recognisable results, contact the previous owner with the good news.
Good luck Smile

Thanks, a nice site you had.

I´ve been searching the web about developing old film. I will have a try, but don´t expect too much.
I contacted the seller, and he said, that the camera came from an estate of a collector, not from his family.

I trimmed a plastic 120 spool with the nail clippers, and it seems, that this way I can use120 film in this folder. Smile