Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kobanar 50mm f1.8???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Kobanar 50mm f1.8??? Reply with quote

An Ebay buy I hope to learn more about. It came with an Albinar lens cap which means very little, has 6 aperature blades and a yelowish lens coating.

Here's an extra clue being the metal aperature stop lever.

And the aperature stops go to f16 if that can help me learn more

so is the lens any good?
Sharpness test at f8 says it can cut it there. Nothing beats a brick wall and a bit of signage.

Now the bokeh test

All up I won't be complaining about this buy as it seems to perform not too well, especially as it was another $20 lens buy.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it is, you got more than your moneys worth Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only bidder too, the specs looked half decent and for the price it was woth a punt.
I;m still aching to know about its parentage though.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Kobinar lens Reply with quote

Your lens looks identical to the 50mm f1.8 lens that came with an old Argus Cosina STL100 camera I bought ages ago. It may have been made by Cosina. It compares almost as well as my Pentax 55mm f1.8 but lags slightly behind until f4 and then seems just as sharp. I hope that this info helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Kobinar lens Reply with quote

gimp wrote:
Your lens looks identical to the 50mm f1.8 lens that came with an old Argus Cosina STL100 camera I bought ages ago. It may have been made by Cosina. It compares almost as well as my Pentax 55mm f1.8 but lags slightly behind until f4 and then seems just as sharp. I hope that this info helps.

Yes very helpful thanks. The Kobanar branding also has me more then a little curious. I don't suppose anyone knows if the old Albinar lenses may have been named as an indication of the manufacturers which is what I suspect?