Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMZ MC Zenitar M2 / M2s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any difference. They may have changed the name plate because the Zenitar m2 is also the designation for the fish-eye 2.8/16mm. So then there would be less confusion if it said m2s. Just a thought though...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "M" means M42 ("K" stands for Pentax mount), "2" = second version.

I'm not sure about "s", but it's possible, that non-s version is older and was manufactured only for a short time and it was replaced by "s" version even on cheaper models. But this is only my theory Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually your theory may hold some weight. In the description from kmz's own website, translated using babblefish, it says "There were several modifications of objective ([M]2, K2, [M]2s 1)), which were being differed several different by construction mounting and materials used (metallic components they were substituted by the plastic)." It is possible that the m2 has more metal than the m2s...internally I mean. It would be interesting to see the internals side by side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first shots with new love
35cm handheld macro shot with zenitar M2 50mm 2