Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMZ Jupiter-8 50/2 M39 black
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: KMZ Jupiter-8 50/2 M39 black Reply with quote

I just my parcel today. It was from no-X. It was packed nicely with box and bubble wrap. Here are some photos of the lens.

Its a pity that I got the wrong lens. It does not work with my D70. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a rangefinder lens, how could you think it would work on your Nikon DSLR?
If you asked us before hand, we would have informed you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need a Fed or similar to go with it then Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: KMZ Jupiter-8 50/2 M39 black Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:

If it's any consolation you are not the only one to have made this sort of mistake. One of my first MF lenses was a nice looking silver Jupiter 9. The advertisement said something like "....for Zorki....". But I didn't know the difference between Zorki and Zenit !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
You'll need a Fed or similar to go with it then Wink

As good a reason as any Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Look for the light my friend. This may be the snowball that starts an avalanche.
This lens is a very capable shooter. It should inspire you to try and find a nice and always cheap RF body.
RF photography is very satisfying and you should give it a go with this Gem Smile
It looks perfect. A functional Fed body is less than eu50.
Don't despair.....go shopping Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your encouragements and comments. No worries, in fact i am thinking of getting Bessa R body now ! Very Happy

I have no regrets in getting this cute little barrel shape lens Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the lens on DSLR, but as a close-up lens. I have both Jupiter-3 50/1.5 and Jupiter-8 50/2.0 and I use them for this purposes. They give excellent results if bokeh is more important, than per-pixel sharpness. Both of them are based on Zeiss Sonnar concept and both of them can produce nice Sonnarish bokeh:

I took these two shots today with Jupiter-3 at f/3.2 or f/4:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi no , wow thats an amazing shots. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy