Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMC Komuranon f/2,5 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: KMC Komuranon f/2,5 135mm Reply with quote

I just found one more lens with Komura Ltd KMC Komuranon etc etc marking.
I like Komura lenses, and even more the late production.
I think they made wonderful optics. I still remember a great 152mm f/2,8 for 4x5"...
This one is a 2,5/135mm, in not-too-shabby shape, but from the pictures i guess it misses both rubber rings, diaphragm and focusing.
I tried to find a picture on the web, with no result. Only the f/2,8 version.
If anybody out there owns/owned the same lens, i'd be happy to know about its performance, and maybe see a picture.
I have a few lenses of about the same vintage, either hopelessly broken or not worth the time/effort to fix them.
If i can find a picture, i'll try to fit rubber rings not too dissimilar from the original ones.
Unless the lens was sold the way it looks in the picture... i doubt this is the case, but i have seen a couple of Vivitar's and one Tamron zoom with flat, smooth focusing rings.

cheers

Paolo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one obviously once had rubber grips.
Thats the case with all later Komuras, after the 90-250 zoom.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a bit of old supple leather to replace the grips on lenses like this old Tamron. I stick it on with contact cement so it would peel of easily if I found the correct rubbers, which is unlikely for this Tamron.

That's a nice looking Komura, with a decent speed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to bump an old thread to find this image. I think I have this same lens. Its lens mount can be removed for another mount, but I forgot which direction to turn the ring that seems stuck at the moment. This is a nice lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: interchangeable mount Reply with quote

Good to see how the rubber rings look like.
I think they are not very different from the texture of the rings of a condemned Sun zoom i have at home.

About the interchangeable mounts:
i know nothing about that.
I have a very old Sankyo Koki Komura which has, as far as i remember, a T-mount.
Another one with proprietary Komura UNI mount (screw mount, larger diameter), and i have seen Komura's with Auto UNI mounts.
I didn't know that late KMC Komuranon had a swappable mount, either officially or unofficially.
I can't be of any help about that.
When i'll be home (i'm abroad now), i can try to check.
I'll also check which side the back ring has to be turned... but it will take some time, i have a couple other lenses that has precedence Smile

cheers

Paolo