Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 70-150 f4 macro focusing zoom - some test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Kiron 70-150 f4 macro focusing zoom - some test shots Reply with quote

I saw scattered references to this lens here on this forum and I saw one going cheaply on ebay so I grabbed it. I gather this is the same lens design that Kiron made for Vivitar as the 70-150 3.8. I took a few late afternoon test shots, mostly between 5.6 - 11. I biffed the focus a few times but I think with some practice, I will enjoy using it. Post processing consisted of some modest cropping in some instances and boosting contrast. I got a bit of glare; next time I'll use a hood. Thanks for looking.

The white rabbit is always a challenge to photograph - he's so bright that he usually ends up over-exposed.

For this last, I got the rock in focus, not the rabbit, but I found the composition pleasing so here it is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the one touch zoom or the two ring version?
A decent lens nonetheless
OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One touch. I found it easy to use.

I think it will prove versatile as part of a kit for traveling light along with my Minolta 35-70 3.5 and a fast prime. This Kiron is surprisingly compact.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are from the Vivitar 2 touch version by Kiron and similar maximum aperture -f3.8
Probably not as compact though I think
OH