Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kilfitt Macro Kilar E 4cm 2.8 Vaduz
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Kilfitt Macro Kilar E 4cm 2.8 Vaduz Reply with quote

This morning I had the opportunity to buy a Kilfitt 4cm/2.8 Makro-Kilar Vaduz M42 for the amount of 35Eur. Cosmetically the lens was ok, the glass too, however I noticed some fungus inside! I tested it and the result was ok. Finally I didn't buy it. Was this a bargain? What would you have done?
quidam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did the right thing. Although there are people who are enthusiastic about this lens it is a very early macro lens and there are probably much better lenses that you can get. 35 Euros is too much to pay for a lens with fungus, it might clean up but it might not and if the fungus has etched the glass or the coating (is it coated) then nobody will really want it.

Save your money until something better comes along.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ramon for your opinion. I think also that I took the right decision. Here's a testshot which I estimate quite good.

quidam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar lens, the Kilfit 4cm f/3.5 for Exakta (which is most common for this lens). I got mine for free from a friend and it`s pretty nice IMHO.

I usually don`t pick up lenses with fungus, but at 35Euro I could have accepted some fungus within this lens. Was it the "E" or the "D" version? Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the E version. I saw it on my favorite fleamarket. If I had insisted, I could have got it for a bit less, for sure, but I always try to avoid lenses with fungus, because I'm afraid they could contaminate my other lenses.
quidam