Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

kiev 60 questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: kiev 60 questions Reply with quote

So I've been strongly considering getting into medium format film photography, 6x6+, slide and B&W. Kiev 60 seems to be the right price with decent lenses. Wondering what you folks think of it? The reading I've been doing suggests that the shutter slap is a big issue - I want to create crisp sharp images, is this something to be concerned about? Also light reflection inside the camera. How exactly do you flock the interior or is this really necessary? Would really appreciate some feedback before I pull the trigger.

Can pentacon six lenses mount without modifying the locking adapter?

-thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest a professionally refurbished Kiev, not any old used camera off ebay because there's a big risk of getting one with issues. Personally I have an 88 rebuilt by Arax with P6 mount and mirror lock-up (it's a good camera), so I can't comment on the 60 but I'd guess it's solid as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Kiev 60. The shutter slap is good feelable vibration.
At least one of the cameras I have additional blackend some years ago when I have used it sometimes.
Film transport is a problem too, but there is a DIY description how to repair this. Done that twice.

The Pentacon Six lenses work fine, no modification needed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. Kiev 60 ARAX it is. MLU and no time wasted fixing it.