Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev 4M has landed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Kiev 4M has landed Reply with quote

Recent arrival a very smart Kiev 4M with oe box, instruction manual and leather case.
Big thanks to Oleg at okvintagecamera.com

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely cameras. I was going to get one about 10 years ago when I shot a lot of film.

I hope you enjoy it!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

It is a beautiful thing and I've very much enjoying putting my first roll of film through it. I'm a little mistrustful of the selenium meter and its associated circular "information system" on the rewind side so am using a separate light meter.

It's a sufficiently quirky design as to require careful manipulation; no the "contax/kiev grip" is not yet instinctive!

It's obviously a bit of a backwater but then what film camera isn't?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a late model which were known to be temperamental. But as Oleg supplied it is likely to be ok. Nice Helios 103. My favourite lens in this fitting.