Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev 4 bought to use to make an adapter PROBLEM!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Kiev 4 bought to use to make an adapter PROBLEM! Reply with quote

I picked up a cheap Kiev 4, sold for parts and spares only for £20 including post. Not bad considering it has a Helios 103 lens. It is grubby but works absolutely perfectly - ok meter doesnt but thats ok to me. The shutter seems accurate, rangefinder spot-on mechanically its sound. Now do I cannibalise it or use the only working Kiev to pass through my hands in 5 years?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a film test you can say it works absolutely perfectly or not, then ask your original question again then. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. If I film test it I may want to keep it...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a dead Kiev on the desk, it's the model without the meter and it's in decent condition except for the peeling leather. But the viewfinder patch does not move so I suspect the prism is broken, ans as usual the slow speeds are 'slow'
I'm sure you could make a good one out of the two and get the lens mount.

I went for the steam punk look and used the whole of the focus mechanism, it works off the little wheel. The Contax was really dead, the shutter had derailed and was in bits, but it was worth £2 just for the lens! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good plan. I enjoy using my Kiev. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a dead Kiev in the post Phil. I expect to see pictures from the revived good one by the weekend! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
There's a dead Kiev in the post Phil. I expect to see pictures from the revived good one by the weekend! Laughing

Thanks Dave, I'll get that sigma off to you - tomorrow.