Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kew Gardens, Zeiss glass and new scanner !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Kew Gardens, Zeiss glass and new scanner ! Reply with quote

Went to Kew Gardens lugging my Hasselblad + 3 Zeiss lenses + A16 back and loaded with 05/2005 dated Fuji NPC 160 which I rated at 100 ASA and home-processed in C41. I now have a new scanner! Canon 9000F Mk II and it gives great results -- no more 'scan lines' trouble and it worked with my Vuescan Pro straight away so i did no load the Canon Software. Inside the tropical houses the lens 'steamed up' and I did not use the end of my shirt as I saw other photographers doing ! I got mainly 1/30 second to get enough Depth of Field inside but managed to be steady.
80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T*

180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and congratulations for the new scanner, big improvement!
Looks like a nice place to visit.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectacular! Clap hands from me.
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

What is your impression of the Canon 9000F Mk. II scanner? How does it do with scanning transparencies and colour negatives?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Canon 9000F Mk II scanner Reply with quote

Sorry not to have replied but had another stay in Hospital ( Kidney Function) and 20th May Endoscopy procedure.
My 'Gift' Canon 9000F Mk II is really great --- I can use a higher scan resolution than the old Epson of 2800 and it gives very sharp results -- I have not set the 'maximum' resolution as of course they do not tell the truth !
I did NOT use the supplied CANON Software disk -- I have 'Vuescan Pro' and it found the CANON scanner right away. I have used it with B&W, Colour Neg and Colour Slide films.