Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kern-YVAR 13-1.9 AR, completely overhauled
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Kern-YVAR 13-1.9 AR, completely overhauled Reply with quote

A triplet lens from the 1950s, nice bronze and brass construction, consisting of 48 parts

How much Kodachrome had been exposed behind these objectives, I wonder.

An experience that I shouldn’t want to miss, not the removal of the rotten grease but the lens functioning again like new
It can be winterized and regreased without problem in another 100 years.

Last edited by screwunscrew on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a B8 with the same lens. Are you going to use this lens? What are your plans for it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: very short flange to film plane Reply with quote

2x8 optics have to be even closer to the sensor than their16mm relatives, so apart from admiring their first class construction, not much use. Unless you start using relay lenses and\or do various close-up experiments.

Those I once used are relegated to decorative functions. And of course if stuff like Hermagis Lynx, Kern Genevar and Switar 0,9 become popular with collectors, the auction houses will be interested.

p.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: refrence Reply with quote

Here is a link to how one of my old 2x8 lenses can be put to use by someone more inclined to experiment than I am.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/roll_your_own_lens.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to sell it for 300 Swiss Francs with a two-years warranty on function.

Oh, that’ll be US $333.70 or £200.77 or 244 Euro as of today.