Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kern Paillard 1.6 20mm, Paillard Bolex, Eumig zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Kern Paillard 1.6 20mm, Paillard Bolex, Eumig zoom Reply with quote

Hy!
I have these three lenses but I don t know if I can use them on my dslr or mirrorless camera.
Kern Paillard 1.6, f 20mm
Paillard Bolex 1.3, f 15mm
Eumig euro zoom 1.3, f15-25
Can you please tell me if I can make some adapters?
Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Kern Paillard 1.6 20mm, Paillard Bolex, Eumig zoom Reply with quote

Danye wrote:
Hy!
I have these three lenses but I don t know if I can use them on my dslr or mirrorless camera.
Can you please tell me if I can make some adapters?
Thank you

You need a c-mount Adpter for your camera. I use those on my Panasonic LUMIX with good
results, BUT usually only >25mm focal length with give you un-vignetted results. Try it!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Kern&Schneider 25mm Reply with quote

On MFT my Switar 25\1,5 and my Xenon 25\0,95 both start hard vignetting at about f4. The Switar fits its inside the "dip" necessary to get correct rear flange distance. The Xenon rear diameter is too large for that, but a slight adjustment of the helix mechanism corrects for that.

I would imagine that the later Kern optics marked Rx, hence corrected for the Bolex beamsplitter glass in the later H series viewfinder, would perhaps perform better with the MFT sensor glass.

The only 16mm Zooms I have, the Angenieux 12-120 f 2,2 and the 15-150 f2,8 both vignette strongly at their widest, the 12mm nearly circular, the 15mm much less so. The larger zoom has maximum corner vignetting between 25 and 30mm. Probably internal baffles rather than the aperture that causes hard vignetting . Interesting as an experiment with a big zoom ratio, but not very compact and hardly a substitute for a pair of fixed focal length lenses.

p.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those mentioned are projector lenses, they don t have c mount.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to make adapter for them, or buy helicoid adapter+ something to attach the lens to adapter
like this

BUT,
These lenses will have strong vignette, even black circle on image.
maybe will have better results on Pentax Q or Nikon J