Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Kern Macro Switar 75/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Kern Macro Switar 75/1.9 Reply with quote

I didn't see a thread with this one, so here are a few snapshots from this afternoon. Wide open on the GH1, jpgs with minimal PP in Picasa. The macro option really makes this a cool lens.

Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well known great lens! Thanks for the proof!!

Last edited by kds315* on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this flash photography, look flat to me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Stefan! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! No flash on these, maybe it was a little too sunny to really take all pics wide open, I also thought the colors were a little subdued compared to pics I had taken with the lens stopped down.

BTW, I had taken the pics yesterday to decide whether to keep this one or the Canon FD 85/1.8 (too many lenses, need to cut back a bit...). I find the Kern to be slightly sharper wide open and to have significantly less purple fringing - and it has the added macro function which makes it really versatile in the field. I'll have to check the corner performance, but - for me - the Kern is clearly ahead.

Stefan