Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kensington Gardens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Kensington Gardens Reply with quote

Last week I accompanied my wife on a visit to her hairdresser in London and while she was busy I went walkabout in Kensington Gardens, which joins Hyde Park.

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/kensington_gardens/

I took just three lenses - the Viv 2.8/28, Flek 2.4/35 and Pancolar 1.8/50. Sadly it was cloudy (again! Rolling Eyes ). These aren't supposed to be artistic, more for interest really, but I'd welcome comments on composition etc. I hope they're not too boring. All shots are with the Flek unless shown and hand-held. I've only resized them and tweaked one or two brightness :

1 - This is Kensington Palace, where Princess Diana lived after she split with Prince Charles. It's also the birthplace of Queen Victoria:

3 - The Orangery (Pancolar)

4 & 5 - The Italian Gardens

6 - The Long Water - on the other side of the bridge is the Serpentine

7 to 9 - The bronze statue of Peter Pan. It dates from 1912 and has beautiful Art Noveau details.

10 - The Diana Memorial "Fountain" (Vivitar)

11 - The Albert Memorial and the Royal Albert Hall across the road

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems Flek did the job well even if there not optimal lights. This is a nice place I like your shoots!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your shots, especially the architectural ones, it's obvious that you are an architect Wink

I think that for you the Flek 4/20 would be the lens of dream - I am sure you will always use it - I think Attila has one for sale now, I would really consider it if I were in your shoes. based on the kind of pictures you take, the Flek 4/20 is the lens for you.

I remember that part of London Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful impressions, thanks for sharing. I like No. 3 most.
After viewing your images I'm looking forward to our visit in northern england next week - I like the atmosphere of your country very much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I like your shots, especially the architectural ones, it's obvious that you are an architect Wink

I think that for you the Flek 4/20 would be the lens of dream - I am sure you will always use it - I think Attila has one for sale now, I would really consider it if I were in your shoes. based on the kind of pictures you take, the Flek 4/20 is the lens for you.

Thanks Attila and Orio. I decided a while ago the next lens I buy will be an ultra-wide, and the Flek is one I am considering alongwith Mir-20 and Tamron 17, so I think you've made up my mind. However, right now I'm not buying anything Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Wonderful impressions, thanks for sharing. I like No. 3 most.
After viewing your images I'm looking forward to our visit in northern england next week - I like the atmosphere of your country very much.

Thank you Michael! I guess I've missed you now, but I hope you have a great trip. Please tell us all about it when you get back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Orio wrote:

Thanks Attila and Orio. I decided a while ago the next lens I buy will be an ultra-wide, and the Flek is one I am considering alongwith Mir-20 and Tamron 17, so I think you've made up my mind. However, right now I'm not buying anything Sad

I am selling soon a brand new looking MIR-20 if you want you will be the first who able to take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

I guess I've missed you now, but I hope you have a great trip. Please tell us all about it when you get back.

No, there are a few days left. Thank you. I'm very curious to see the old port of Whitby (where not only James Cook left England for his journeys, but also Bram Stokers Dracula arrived England).

Michael