Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kenko fisheye conversion lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Kenko fisheye conversion lens Reply with quote

Hi gents and lads,
I just got a lot of takumars with this fisheye conversion:

http://dpanswers.com/content/rev_kenko_wa16.php

I havent got time to take photos of it, so i did a quick search. The url above is exactly what i have. But with a generic leather case. There is no name on it, and original instruction/ user guide, in japanese and english.

After a search on ebay, i found one hit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenko-Fish-Eye-Conversion-Lens-case-and-instruction-manual-180-/230730492181?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item35b89be915#ht_500wt_922

The case looks as mine.

The first url above is an interesting intro.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of those a couple years ago, at an actual camera shop, for too much money. I first put it on a SMC-A40-80 on my APS-C camera (K20D) and got a full-circle fisheye at ~40mm and a frame filling image from ~60mm onwards. I've since tried it on various other zooms in that range. I look forward to trying it on something like a 35-90 because the frame-filling projections get interesting at longer focal lengths.

But I've never been really happy with it. Its internal diaphragm needs to be stopped WAY down for any edge sharpness, which is never very good, at leas not on mine. I more recently bought an eBay bargain Precision Design Super AF Fisheye adapter (0.25x, 58mm thread) for US$20 shipped. I mount it on my DA18-55 or DA18-250 and get full-circle fisheye at ~18mm. More aberrations than the Kenko, but better edge detail.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiratone also offered the exact same adapter. There was one that just sold on eBay for $69.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a help to buy an adapter to this Kenko... I want to use with my Takumars 49mm diameter.
I didn't find a diameter of kenko fisheye mount...

Like ths one?

www.ebay.com/itm/M27x0-5-Spiratone-to-M49x0-75-thread-adapter-/251464253519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8c70004f

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff at the end of the URL you posted couldn't be processed by my browser. This one works better:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M27x0-5-Spiratone-to-M49x0-75-thread-adapter-/251464253519

The description is pretty clear -- says it's for Spiratone. But Spiratone had somebody make it for them, so if it's a Kenko, it might fit. Best to measure your Kenko first, though. If it's 37mm, it'll probably fit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just for fun. I've had one for over 40 years and used it countless times on still and video. It's great to use - 'specially when you are a young photographer and it's a novelty. Who cares about edge resolution - its a fun thing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael!