Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

keh cs disappointment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: keh cs disappointment Reply with quote

I'd be wary of KEH right now. I had extremely poor service in my last transaction with them.

I ordered a bellows(ex condition), and it arrived broken.

RMA and shipped it back - took a MONTH to receive the new bellows, and it was missing scales and trigger they asked me to return with the broken bellows.

I got no response to emails, and a week later I got the parts (bellows scale/trigger) they said I was missing in my shipment back to them (which was there).

They appear to have undergone some sort of transition or change of owner or something. I would have vouched for them before, but sending broken stuff, not sending everything in the replacement and an overall time to getting what I paid for of ~5 weeks is 3 strikes for me.

I know this isn't an ebay seller, but a lot of us have used them. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beomagi,

Sad to know that, what I've noted is their website had changed a lot these last weeks.
There is a long thread at the largeformat photo forum dedicated to them, saw this recently.
I have just one transaction made with them and the feedback is based on that: don't buy nothing based on photos: product photos are completely diverse of what you get.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I bought 2x from KEH without any photo I was both time happy, I bought CZ Sonnar 180mm lens and Sony NEX-7 camera.
KEH was always famous from quality service in sales, sad to hear golden times are gone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have their ups and downs, but mostly ups, from what I see. Google "KEH going downhill" and you'll find the odd glitch here and there, but what is forgotten is the vast majority of satisfied customers who don't post.
I'd still deal with them, unless I can find serious proof they've actually gone to the dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised to hear that. In my experience they are very, if not overly, conservative in their ratings. I guess like many used equipment dealer they are just not built for handling returns and dealing with unsatisfied customers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot agree more, great company, good service, very conservative rating!