Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KARLEE 35mm F1.2 for SLR and MILC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: KARLEE 35mm F1.2 for SLR and MILC Reply with quote

A Chinese company designed a 35mm F1.2 designed for SLR or MILC. It will be available within this month. The retail price in China is 3280 CNY(about 500 USD) for SLR mounts and a bit more for Sony E.

Here is the product page in their website in English
http://www.dzoptics.com/en/product2/1/2016/0529/290.html

Here is some photos of the lens and samples
http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/8941555.html

Review or preview of a pre-production copy from a New Zealand based photographer
http://photobyrichard.com/reviewbyrichard/kerlee-1-235-35mm-f1-2-review/

Key features:
1. Minimum focus distance is up to 0.3.
2. Optional switchable aperture lock, allowing for smooth adjustment in video mode.
3. The optimal distance is within 1-5 meters with the best image quality
4. Smooth focusing feel, appropriate damping and superior experiences.
5. ED lens effectively improve image/color differences.
6. It’s globally the first 35mm F/1.2 large aperture lens that supports single-lens reflex full-frame cameras. When taking an image, set the aperture to Maximum f1.2 can conspicuously emphasize the subject on the background, producing a nice picture atmosphere.
7. Excellent rendering effect in dim light, also enhance shutter speed to complete a shot

Last edited by calvin83 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks promising, but will be gigantic on a MILC Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Voigtlander Nokton 35mm F1.2 ASPH II is better opinion for the MILC camera if you need a compact one.

P.S. I have update another preview link.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope I can get the EF mount version and use it with my Lens Turbo II on my Fuji as well as using it on my 5D3...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I edited this message to delete a comment directed to another post. But leave intact the second paragraph, the question is valid here Smile
All modern and supposedly good lenses that are appearing on the market, seem to have a congenital disease, excess weight and size ... this is the way?

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to make faster lenses than before is to use larger heavy glass elements, yes? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The only way to make faster lenses than before is to use larger heavy glass elements, yes? Wink

Yes, it is inevitable. I thought LOTUS 55/1.4, ART 50/1.4... with a kilogram of weight. I thought modern technology, powerful computers, new materials, would provide the same speed with better IQ and the same or minor weight/size :/

Happy shots!

P.D. My Jupiter-3 50/1.4 have only 142 grams of weigth. Snif.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Differently from the Nokton, this one seems to have been designed with close focus and bkoeh in mind.
The lens can indeed have an use, for the wedding business, where you need tomake reportage and separate subjects from cthe crowd. I may get one in the future, to be used with the Techart Pro autofocus adapter.