Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just received two "new" Tessars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other pictures from the 40mm lens:

Incredible clarity from this uncoated lens!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% crops, that show slight motion blur:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, Orio (as usual). The 40/4.5 looks like an amazing lens. I can't wait to receive the 40/4.5 and the 50/3.5 that haven't reached the shores of Borneo yet.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's uncoated? Not even a single?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Note the 3Dimensionality in the last picture above.

Most definitely, Orio! Also, here, WOW:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
it's uncoated? Not even a single?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's uncoated. Coated Jean lenses in the 50s should have the T.
Jena lenses experts, please say your word here.
However, the front lens of the 4.5/40 is deeply recessed, and the barrel works as a very effective hood.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos from the 2.8/50 16 blades, mounted on the 400D:

The highlights in the bokeh are amongst the worst I have seen. Without the highlights, on the contrary, I think the bokeh is quite nice.
This lens renders interesting pictures, I think. Maybe not perfect, but with a character.
I really miss the corners. This lens becomes a portrait lens on the 400D, a side effect I don't like for this lens. I think that the corners, aside from being a revelatory place about the quality of a lens, also hold a lot of the lens character. The APS-C cameras tend to level out the differences between lenses, not only in the defects but also, alas, in the character.
Sad

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote: Some photos from the 2.8/50 16 blades, mounted on the 400D:

Well, this 2.8/50 is simply beautiful in its rendition of sharpness, and there is also a dimensional "feel" to these as well. However, for me, the 4.5/40 just seems to have a better personality/dimensionality overall.

I wish I could completely explain it (actually I think I could, but you might not like a long drawn out novel about why I feel that way about the images; if you want a long explanation, I'll be happy to relate to you though), but the 4.5/40 seems much more real in its rendition to me.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to take the two lenses out for some "real" photography. The 2.8/50 has the disadvantage that it can not be mounted on the 5D. So it can only be used for tele work. I would like to find a way around it. I wonder if I can unscrew and remove the protruding rear end.